Leading international law firm, Highly professional and inclusive national finance team, Part-time job share arrangement, 3 days per week.
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global law firm with a large global diverse workforce of more than 7,000 people across more than 50 cities worldwide. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service.
Our National Finance team is professional, inclusive and collaborative, and well-integrated with the Global Finance team, so is often involved in global, as well as local, projects and initiatives.
We’re offering a rare opportunity for a finance professional to join our team on a part-time basis for a fixed-term contract of 12 months. This is a key role within the team, in which you’ll ensure a high quality finance service is delivered to internal and external clients.
Your main responsibility will be to ensure accurate and efficient billing to clients through setting up new matters and e-billing uploads, effective record-keeping and ensuring adherence to policies and processes. You will also investigate and resolve billing issues and update manuals and guidelines as required.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need great customer service skills, a high level of accuracy and attention to detail and hands-on experience of finance processes and procedures. Existing experience within the legal or professional services industry is also highly desired.
This position is initially offered on a 12 month fixed term basis and can be based in either our Sydney or Brisbane office.
The key responsibilities and requirements for this role are as follows:
- Manage e-billing initiatives, special rates and inter office billing.
- Administer our finance systems, opening new matters and setting up e-billing uploads.
- Investigate and resolve billing issues, liaising with relevant stakeholders.
- Maintain client and matter information in our Practice Management System.
- Ensure the integrity of our client data in internal databases.
- Take ownership of procedure documentation for specific areas of responsibility, updating manuals and guidelines as required.
- Mentor and train staff within the Finance Operations team nationally.
- Proven experience in a finance function or team in a corporate environment, ideally within the legal or professional services industries.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite and financial software.
- A high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to manage a high volume of work and prioritise multiple tasks.
- Experience in time-based accounting system would be preferred.
- Experience with Aderant Expert would be highly regarded.
The successful candidate will need to be a collaborative, driven and focused individual. At Norton Rose Fulbright, you will be rewarded with genuine career prospects and an inclusive, high performing team environment renowned for its collaborative culture, passion for client service and professional development opportunities. Remuneration will be commensurate with relevant experience.
Norton Rose Fulbright values diversity and strives to create an inclusive culture where all employees can bring their whole selves to work. We embrace the opportunity to contribute to the communities in which we work which underpins our strong Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) program. We provide a range of opportunities in which our people can make a difference to their local and global communities including through pro bono legal work, charitable giving, volunteering and support for the environment.
We are proud that Norton Rose Fulbright in Australia has been recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) year on year as well as a silver employer for LGBTI Inclusion through the Australian Workplace Equality Index.