- Busy customer facing admin role
- Full Time, Max term till 30/6/2021
- Subiaco location
Mission Australia is a non-denominational Christian charity that has been helping vulnerable Australians move towards independence for more than 160 years.
Every day we support people nationwide by combatting homelessness, assisting disadvantaged families and children, addressing mental health issues, fighting substance dependencies and much more.
Mission Australia is committed to the safety and wellbeing of every vulnerable person who engages with our services
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) works to support people with disabilities to participate in and contribute to social and economic life, as well as provide certainty that people with disability will receive the care and support they need throughout their lives. The NDIS provides a number of ways to assist people with disability to exercise choice, including taking reasonable risks in the pursuit of their goals and the planning and delivery of their supports. One of the ways this is done is through Local Area Coordination (LAC).
We have an opportunity for an Administrative Officer on a Full Time Max Term contract until June 2021.
In this role you will be the first point of contact for both clients and visitors, face-to-face and over the phone and ensuring the efficient running of the Subiaco office.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Calling participants to arrange and confirm appointments
- Answering phone inquiries to the office and directing calls
- Updating records, sending emails and completing correspondence for the office
- Complete administrative duties for the office including filing, basic purchasing and accounts work
Requirements for Success
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Applications
- Excellent customer service skills and able to demonstrate a positive and approachable manner
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Prior experience in community services ideally gained from working in the disabilities sector
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise your work
- Strong prior administrative and clerical experience
Before starting work with us, you will need to undertake a national police history check, referee checks, NDIA check and have a clearance to work with children/vulnerable people.
Culture and Benefits
A career with Mission Australia will offer you rewarding experiences to make a difference to the lives of Australians in need. We have an innovative and supportive culture guided by our values of compassion, integrity, respect, perseverance and celebration.
To ensure our employees feel valued, empowered and celebrated we provide a range of employee benefits including:
- NFP salary packaging benefits reducing taxable income (details via Advantage)
- Generous discounts with hotels, travel insurance and major retailers
- Free, confidential counselling services via our EAP
- Discounted health care with Medibank Private
Diversity & Inclusion
Mission Australia is an inclusive employer. We celebrate our diversity and strive to reflect contemporary Australian society and all the communities in which we work, in order to better serve our clients. We welcome and encourage applications from Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, Culturally and Linguistically Diverse people, People with Disability, Sexually and Gender Diverse people, people with lived experience of adversity and from people of all ages.
This role will be commencing late September so shortlisting for this role will commence shortly. To be considered for this opportunity, please click ‘apply’ and send your cover letter and resume today.
Please send through your application as soon as possible as shortlisting for this role will commence right away.