About the City
City of Greater Geelong is Victoria’s largest regional municipality providing services to a growing population of 244,000 residents across 1247km2 comprised of urban, suburban, rural and coastal environments located 75km from Melbourne. The spectacular beauty of the natural environment and the creative design and historical significance of its built environment make the municipality a major tourism magnet for local and international visitors.
Our people take pride in their work and are committed to making a positive impact in the lives of residents of the Geelong region. Employees are provided with engaging and rewarding work and a culture of respect and collaboration. On offer are professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, parental leave – 14 weeks paid leave, health & wellbeing program, discounted gym memberships at council facilities and the opportunity to be part of a dedicated and professional team, working together for the community.
About the Health & Local Laws Department
This department is part of our Planning, Design & Development Division, and is responsible for delivering a range of services that ensures and encourages Council's compliance with relevant governing legislation. This covers Environmental Health, Animal Management, Local Laws and Parking Compliance.
About the Role
This position is responsible for ensuring the maintenance of parking ticket machines throughout the municipality is carried out in a timely and effective manner and for supporting the City’s car parking operations.
This is a permanent part-time position working 38 hours per fortnight.
Some of the key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Carrying out repairs, maintenance and specialist servicing to parking ticket machines, off street parking ticket machines and associated equipment to ensure their effective operation.
- Installing and commissioning parking ticket machines as required.
- Carrying out routine inspections and preventative maintenance of parking ticket machines and where necessary, clean inside and out.
- Assisting cash collection contractors in providing prompt response to reported machine faults.
To be successful in this role, you will require:
- A sound trade background in the repair, maintenance and upgrade of small mechanical/electronic/digital equipment gained through a trade certificate OR extensive experience in a field relevant to the position.
- Understanding of the operation, servicing and maintenance of parking ticket machines.
- Ability to undertake repairs of parking meters, including interchanging parts, IT motherboards and other specialist functionality.
- Basic computer skills and ability to operate Council’s relevant parking infrastructure systems.
Applications and Enquiries
Click the Position Description link to view more information about this position. Applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria as listed in the position description.
Applications close 5:00pm Friday 6 December 2019.
Click the Apply for this job button to submit your application or find out more about this opportunity.
City of Greater Geelong values equal opportunity, fairness and enjoys a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.