Our Building Engineering team has a strong core team of highly experienced industry professionals who take a long term approach to client management. Our unique market position and enviable reputation leads to strong trusted relationships and repeat business.
Due to a strong pipeline of projects, our Brisbane team is expanding, and we are seeking an experienced Senior Electrical Engineer to undertake a variety of projects across Queensland and Australia.
In this role you will work as part of an integrated multi-disciplinary team across a variety of infrastructure, buildings, transport, defence and other project types. This role will see you involved in
- Undertaking and managing the design and documentation of Building Services including: electrical power reticulation and distribution systems, lighting design, standby power generation, communications cabling, lightning protection, fire detection, audio visual and security for various new or revamp related projects.
- Preparation and coordination of fee proposals, technical report writing, cost reporting and client liaison at project level.
- Preparation of authority submissions and construction phase services.
- Leading, mentoring, training and coaching other team members
What you will bring to the team
- 10+ years experience in the design of electrical installations and the ability to lead and manage electrical an d/or multi-disciplinary teams undertaking commercial, industrial, education, health, defence, transport, infrastructure, power and controls projects.
- A relevant tertiary qualification together with RPEQ status or potential to attain RPEQ status.
- An advanced understanding of AS/NZS 3000, AS 1670 and AS/CA S009.
- Understanding of local council/authority, utility and QFES requirements.
- Flexibility to travel for short term project assignments.
- An understanding of renewable energy resources.
- Proficiency with industry standard software (MS Office, Autocad, PowerCAD, AGI32/Dialux, Bluebeam/Adobe Acrobat).
- Ability/desire to carry out coordinated design in the Revit environment using Elumtools and CANECO software packages.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own
As one of the worlds leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Interested For further information, please contact Tony Daugalis
Applications close 16th December, 2019. Please note that we cannot accept applications via email so please apply via the link.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.