Exceptional career development opportunity for graduate engineer, Located in Spring Hill, 2 minutes from the Central Station.
Graduate Fire Safety Engineer
- Exceptional career development opportunity for graduate engineer
- Located in Spring Hill
- 2 minutes from the Central Station
DMA Engineers is a locally-owned building services consulting engineering firm at Spring Hill with a diverse range of clients including national companies. We provide Fire Safety Engineering, Fire Protection Services, Electrical, Mechanical, Vertical Transportation and Hydraulic services. We have a reputation for delivering innovative, quality and cost-effective design solutions.
As building services engineers, we are responsible for designing all the functional characteristics of a building that take it from being an empty shell to a comfortable living or working space.
Starting your career with DMA Engineers is your opportunity to be part of an exciting and supportive environment.
As a graduate with DMA you will be able to add value to clients and shape your career as a professional. With early responsibility and the support and training to grow, you will build the confidence to pursue your goals. Exposed to a wide range of clients, you can expect to develop your networks, collaborate with specialists and learn from mentors.
You will be working on current projects and have exposure to cutting-edge technology. You will work with talented people who'll support your development and help you achieve your career goals.
- Qualitative and quantitative egress assessments.
- Qualitative and quantitative fire and smoke spread assessments
- Perform computer modelling of fire and smoke using FDS
- Perform computer modelling of occupant emergency evacuation using spreadsheet calculations, Simulex, Evacnet, Pathfinder and similar evacuation models.
- Attend site inspections and meetings with clients, project managers, design teams and approval authorities.
Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate of Masters qualification in Fire Safety Engineering
- CFD modelling experience(desirable)
- Ability to prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work dynamically within a team environment
What We Offer
We offer training and an excellent working environment in a new office fitout.
There will be a senior engineer to guide you and a dedicated buddy who'll help you to grow your skill. You will get invaluable exposure, knowledge and experience that will assist you build on your work experience to excel in your career.
We also offer you an opportunity to:
- Experience an engineering work environment and enhance your technical skills.
- Be assigned to a project that is meaningful as well as you can present your ideas to our leadership team.
- Work with our engineering team to be exposed to engineering projects in different aspects of the business.
- Work closely with your mentor who will guide and assist you.
- Develop skills including leadership, communication, presentation and influencing skills.
Make Your Move
We're looking for a mechanical/fire engineering graduate who is a well-rounded, practical self-starter with strong leadership and communication skills.
Initiative is another important ingredient for you to throw in the mix. If you're the sort of graduate who can see potential that others miss and are prepared to go above and beyond to create a better solution, DMA is your kind of place.
Email your CV and cover letter