Workshop Supervisor Wanted
TAKE ON THE BIG ENGINES AND HELP KEEP OUR FLEET MOVING!
Busways is a leading private bus operator in NSW committed to providing safe and reliable bus services. We are currently looking for a self-motivated individual to join our growing Maintenance team as a Workshop Supervisor at our Wyong depot.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Run our team of maintenance staff
- Undertake an extensive training program and have ongoing regional manager support
- Maintain a fleet of 60+ including the latest Euro 5 & 6 models
- Work locally and support your community
- Have full-time position with immediate start
- Have career advancement opportunities
Busways will consider the following for the successful applicant
- Relocation assistance if moving from out of area
- Full training provided including licence upgrade to MR class
Our workshop staff play a critical role within the business to ensure our ever-evolving fleet of vehicles are continually maintained to the highest standard to keep our staff and passengers safe out on the road.
Busways provides ongoing training and support to employees based on their level of experience to enable you to meet our standards.
What we are looking for
Our employees are what make Busways work. We have a core focus on employee development and continuous improvement. You will be provided with all necessary training on the various makes and models of vehicles as well as being supplied with all uniforms, boots and safety equipment.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing company and a supportive, friendly team environment. You will be given the opportunity to grow, develop and take on additional responsibilities during your employment.
Reporting to the Regional Workshop Manager, this role requires you to have a mature and professional approach with excellent communication skills. Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing the day to day running of the workshop
- Maintaining all company vehicles in accordance with Manufacturers guidelines
- Maintaining clean workshop practices on a daily basis
- Ensuring all maintenance work is performed according to company procedures
- Adhering to all Work, Health & Safety requirements whilst performing work duties
- Maintaining company tools and equipment in good working order
- Mentoring apprentices to learn their trade
To be considered for this role, you will need to possess:
- A current MVTC licence
- Minimum MR drivers licence (or ability to obtain)
- A trade qualification as a Motor Mechanic (diesel mechanic experience preferred)
- Strong focus on safety in the workplace
- Can-do attitude with a drive to exceed
If you think this role is suited to you or you would like to learn more, we would love to hear from you!
Busways is committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people from culturally diverse backgrounds and people with disabilities.