ASX 100 company, Great culture and team environment, Values driven company committed to your professional development.
ILUKA RESOURCES is an international mineral sands company with expertise in exploration, development, mining, processing, marketing and rehabilitation. Our purpose is to deliver sustainable value for our employees and all stakeholders.
With over 3000 direct employees, our people are the foundation of our business and are vital to our success now and into the future. Iluka offers a safe, empowering and inclusive work environment that is as diverse as the communities in which we operate.
The Narngulu Mineral Separation Plant (MSP) based in Geraldton is one of the largest mineral processing facilities globally and the mineral processing hub for Ilukas Australian operations. The MSP Plant is capable of accepting heavy mineral concentrate (HMC) feed stocks from various production sources, currently treating heavy mineral concentrate from the companys Jacinth-Ambrosia mine in South Australia and Ilukas new Cataby mine site in Western Australia.
As a member of the Narngulu Leadership team, the Principal Laboratory Services is accountable for the operation of the Narngulu laboratory, to ensure accurate and timely results are reported in a cost effective manner on which decisions can be made. This interesting, varied and rewarding position has a dual focus on both the technical delivery and effective people management of the laboratory team. The Narngulu laboratory supports all aspects of the mining and processing chain from exploration sample testing through to marketing and product development.
For this residential based position the role offers autonomy, scope for learning and developing new techniques and opportunity to value add to clients. Safety is paramount at Iluka and as such a strong commitment to safety is essential.
About the role:
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the responsibilities of this role include:
- Maintaining a safe workplace by ensuring all activities comply with Iluka Sustainability and all relevant statutory regulations and standards
- Provide strong leadership to the laboratory staff
- Management of the financial performance of the laboratory
- Determining and allocating resources to achieve objectives
- Continuously innovating laboratory practices to improve the service delivered to internal clients
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships across the business
- Monitor and ensure quality delivery of results to laboratory clients
- Implementing changes to testing regimes as required by laboratory clients
To be successful in this role you will have:
- High standards of behaviour that align with Ilukas values
- Demonstrated proactive approach to safety and environment
- Previous experience with XRF equipment
- Excellent computer literacy skills, in particular with Excel and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable leadership skills with the capacity to motivate, mentor and influence stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication, influencing, interpersonal and teamwork skills
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Competence with LIMS (especially CCLAS) is preferred
What We Offer:
Your contributions will be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package, be home every night and have the opportunity to be part of a values driven company with a supportive work environment. The position is based in Geraldton and is a standard 40 hour working week. A competitive remuneration and benefits package will be offered on the successful candidates skills and experience. Relocation Assistance is also available.
If you share our values, you have the skills and experience to help us to succeed and deliver sustainable value, apply now.
Applications close: 9 December 2019
We respect and encourage diversity in a workforce that reflects our communities.