- Global engineering consultancy with great career opportunities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of interesting projects both locally and internationally
- Friendly working environment across the business
SMEC provides unique opportunities to work on iconic industry projects with experienced colleagues and leadership teams. We support and empower employees to drive innovation initiatives within a well-established and growing organisation.
Every employee plays a key role in shaping our business and is driven by teamwork, progressive thinking and creative ideas. We are committed to providing platforms to enable our people to engage in the business, deliver value to clients and develop their careers.
When you join SMEC, you join a flexible growing organisation that has a genuine commitment to CSR, diversity and improving the world we live in.
At SMEC, we understand that our continued success within the infrastructure market is the result of building long-term client relationships. We listen and understand the specific needs of our clients and deliver a complete value chain of services to provide sustainable solutions across major infrastructure projects worldwide.
We embrace emerging technologies and innovations, including BIM and Virtual Reality, to deliver robust engineering services across the fields of transport and logistics, water and environment and energy and resources.
With 16,500 employees working out of over 120 offices in 40+ countries throughout Australasia, Asia, the Middle East, UK, Africa, North and South America, we partner with our parent company Surbana Jurong and sister company Robert Bird Group (RBG) to deliver integrated infrastructure expertise to our clients worldwide.
Our journey of growth is only beginning, and we look forward to strengthening our already established capabilities, entering new markets and offering more effective solutions across infrastructure developments worldwide.
We are currently looking for a talented Document Controller to work on a major project based in Cooma.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Operate/interface in the project documentation systems
- Assist the Project Manager and Delivery & Controls Manager to implement and review the effectiveness of the Document Management Plan.
- Process incoming and outgoing project correspondence (except email)
- Transmit approved reports, drawings and other documents to the Joint Venture and external stakeholders / third parties.
- Set up and maintain hard copy files. Set up and maintain hard copy document library.
- Deal with obsolete documents and withdraw them from use.
- Maintain up to date quality documents, including the Master Document Index and Document Codification Schedule, in the system as directed by the Delivery & Controls Manager.
- Provide document accession numbers for new documents as requested by Team Members.
- Maintain EDMS information accurate and up to date.
- Maintain the EDMS authorisation list.
- Maintain up to date document templates
- Track and report Joint Venture acknowledgement of receipt and responses to submitted documents (Design Review Records, etc.).
- Prepare and maintain up to date a Schedule of Records.
With a track record of achievement in a similar role, you will have gained your experience in an engineering design consultancy and have a passion for building trusted relationships to drive positive change and win new work.
Suitable applicants will have/be 2+ year of experience in Document controlling. Experience working for an Engineering Consultancy will be highly looked upon
We are interested in applicants that can display good problem solving / analytical skills and independently use basic theoretical knowledge of Planning principles to analyse, interpret and conclude on standard matters or decisions.
Additional skill requirements include but aren't limited to:
- Ability to competently provide key technical expertise across a broad range of projects
- Ability to prepare technical reports on small to medium projects
- Good stakeholder engagement skills including strong written and verbal communication
- Project Management skills
- Ability to manage risk on substantial projects and deliver best client outcomes which have provided cost savings
The incumbent will role model SMEC values, ethics and code of conduct and ensure all business activities are carried out in accordance with these guiding principle
At SMEC, you will benefit from working in a flexible global organisation with exposure to international best practice engineering design.
You will have access to a range of professional development opportunities, collaborate with our global team of specialists and be mentored by passionate leaders.
When you join SMEC, you will have the opportunity to embrace your creativity and drive change across the business.
Working with clients and partners, you will be part of an organisation that helps to shape our communities, industries and the global landscape.
Our recent growth has provided new and exciting opportunities for our people, our employees enjoy a consistent flow of significant projects, end-to-end responsibilities and are motivated by meaningful work.
All recruitment activities go through our Resourcing function and currently, this role doesn’t require agency input. Please do not forward resumes directly to SMEC employees/managers; we do not accept unsolicited resumes and are not responsible for any associated