Leadership Role, Requires technical, people, financial, and leadership skillls, Site Based - Located on the Cassowary Coast.
ASSISTANT RAILWAY MAINTENANCE MANAGER.
Working with the Railway Maintenance Manager and the Cane Railway Coordinator this role is challenging as you assume significant responsibility for - the works program, cost management, safety, and people management functions of the Civil Works Department.
At least 5 years practical experience in a civil construction environment, and demonstrable experience as a workgroup leader with a strong understanding of, and commitment to, safety. Influential and effective communicator, and experienced in dealing with a blue collar workgroup. Hold a current driver's licence.
Intermediate skills in Excel, Word and MS project (or a similar project management application)
Familiarity with rail and bridge construction and maintenance, knowledge of safety legislation, Qld Codes of Practice and Australian Standards and demonstrated experience with managing costs and projects. Experience with an ERP, preferably SAP.
Safety, Health and Environment
- modeling safe behaviours;
- understanding, promoting, and enforcing Tully Sugars systems;
- ensuring safety and environmental considerations are included in planning and execution of all work;
- Proactively identifying risks to people, plant, and the environment;
- investigating and reporting incidents.
Railway Maintenance Operations
- lead and manage the day-to-day operations of the department;
- assist in managing maintenance and project activities within budgets;
- oversight of the department's infrastructure;
- monitor and advise on relevant legislation, codes and Australian Standards;
- assist in developing and implementing maintenance plans for all the departments infrastructure;
- monitor, review, audit, and advise on all railway activities and practices;
- monitor and provide feedback to the workgroup on activities;
- troubleshoot and solve technical issues.
Leadership and Workgroup Management
- demonstrating initiative and ethical behaviour;
- provide clear communication and direction to employees and contractors;
- monitor performance and provide timely and specific feedback;
- coach and develop reports.
Financial and Cost Management in consultation with Manager
- develop capital works project costing;
- develop maintenance works projects costing;
- participate in budget preparation process;
- conduct periodic reviews and audits of expenditure against budget and take corrective action.
The Benefits: A challenging role with technical, safety, cost, and leadership accountabilities, coupled with living in an interesting and attractive part of Queensland.
Due to our close down period this vacancy will remain open until 17 January 2020 unless a suitable applicant is found prior to that date.
Applicants not eligible to work in Australia will not be considered.