At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Goldcorp Tanami Operation is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. The site consists of a processing plant, airstrip and village located at The Granites witha fully equipped 800 bed camp offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin. Exciting ongoing exploration success and expansion projects provide unique and challenging career opportunities, with the underground mine located at Dead Bullock Soak ~40km west of Granites.
About This Role:
Reporting to the Services & Backfill Superintendent, you will provide technical and scheduling support to Mine Operations to achieve the daily, monthly & annual Mine Plan. You will achieve this through the coordination of the mine plan activities with other stakeholders to ensure key mine operational activities are executed to plan.
This role is fly in / fly out from Darwin, Alice Springs, Brisbane or Perth on an 8/6 roster.
In This Role You Will:
- Liaise with key stakeholders to enable the execution of the daily mine plan
- Manage the key drivers that enable the successful delivery of the daily mine plan. This includes influencing key stakeholders for the effective and efficient equipment utilisation which is critical to the achievement of the Mining Operations and Maintenance Targets
- Provide coverage for the Mine Operational Superintendents (delegated authorities as specified) as required, notably during the rostered days off. This may include line management accountabilities and responsibilities
- Problem solve within broadly defined policies and objectives is essential
- Develop new methodologies to contribute to the mining operation team goals
- Engaging peers and stakeholders in effective problem solving and planning
Your Skils, Training & Experience Checklist:
- 10+ years experience in underground operations.
- Large (2Mtpa+), deep (1km+) and / or hoisting shaft operational experience is desirable
- Diploma of Metalliferous Mining or similar.
- Leadership experience in underground mining operations
- First Class Mine Managers Certificate of Competency is desirable
- Understanding of planning and technical functions.
- Advanced PC skills and computer literacy including experience with various software packages related to the role, including Pitram
- Knowledge of the statutory regulations relevant to safety and the environment for the mining industry
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.