We are looking for a creative, experienced and passionate Sales Manager to join Australian Exhibition Group, the vibrant young team behind the Sexpo Australia event series. Having recently procured the Sexpo event portfolio in early 2019, we are looking for full-time Sales Manager to drive exhibitor sales and help deliver an unforgettable experience for all exhibitors and sponsors.
The position requires you to thrive on working in a high paced, exciting, fresh, young, alternative environment with a strong experienced team to create an overall unforgettable experience - Sexpo.
- Develop and implement targeted and effective sales strategies to maximise event sales across the Sexpo event series;
- Proactively source new and innovative exhibitor and activation leads and convert these leads into sales through effective sales campaign management;
- Create and develop long-term relationships with exhibitors, working with the team to create a positive event experience for all stakeholders and ensure all contractual obligations are met;
- Achieve sales targets with the aim to exceed expectations and maximise event sales and sponsorship revenue;
- Manage all aspects of the sales process, including procuring new leads, preparation of customised sales contracts, execution of all contractual obligations, invoicing and account settlement;
- Provide ongoing communication and customer support to all exhibitors, and work closely with the Project Manager to ensure the smooth delivery of all expectations;
- Prepare and present sales activity reports and campaign analysis;
- Identify and understand industry trends, with a shared vision of what Sexpo stands for: sex positivity and inclusivity.
- Source and manage talent and stars for events. Including stage managing and schedules.
- Keep self-motivated and be able to stay on target with all projects.
Key Skills Required:
- Must be able to work closely with current events team on all aspects;
- Proven sales track record, with a minimum of 2 years working in event sales and/or event sponsorship, or similar;
- Results driven with a passion to succeed;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- High attention to detail and impeccable administrative and computer skills; Excel, Word, Google Docs, all a must.
- Outstanding customer service and the ability to develop and maintain strong professional relationships;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Creativity and flair;
- A true team player with initiative, integrity, compassion and humour;
- Flexibility and availability to travel interstate for each event.
To apply, please send a cover letter detailing how your experience meets the key responsibilities of the role and your CV