Highly successful family-owned and operated Company for 20+ years, Stimulating and challenging work environment, Diverse role working within a dynamic team.
Executive Assistant to Managing Director
DIVALLS EARTHMOVING & BULK HAULAGE is a civil engineering and bulk haulage company specialising in equipment hire, earthmoving, quarrying, and haulage, and is located on the Hume Highway, ten minutes north of Goulburn, NSW. Due to a high work demand within the allocations component of the business, the Company is looking for an Executive Assistant with strong experience at a senior level to support the Managing Director (MD) on a day-to-day basis. Reporting to the MD, your days will be busy and varied as you manage a diverse and high-level range of administrative duties. Utilising your skillset in senior-level administration, you will deliver superior customer service, manage a wide range of issues and work on various projects and ad-hoc tasks both independently and as part of a wider allocations team.
To succeed in this role, you will be highly organised, experienced and confident in dealing with all levels of internal and external stakeholders. Working in a fast-paced environment, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your exemplary ability to be productive, professional and flexible in the role.
You will be highly driven, motivated, efficient and well-presented. Your organisational and gatekeeping skills will ensure the MD maintains focus, productivity, and efficiency in a demanding and dynamic workplace, requiring a sound ability to adapt to various situations. The MD is often out of the office, so effective time and resource management skills are essential.
The role will encompass a variety of tasks, working in close liaison with the Plant Allocations Team to successfully achieve company targets and client expectations. To achieve this, it is expected that you are adept at communication, attention to detail and can work unsupervised and to a high standard.
This position is full-time, Monday Friday and at times, may require additional flexibility to suit the needs of the business. Suitable hours of work will be discussed with the successful applicant.
Relevant industry experience is preferred, but we encourage all who meet the criteria below to apply.
Key responsibilities will include
- managing the MDs diary, filtering numerous daily requests to maximise productivity
- preparing agendas, attending meetings, taking notes and preparing minutes
- writing, preparing and formatting reports, presentations and all necessary correspondence
- working in harmony with the wider allocations team on a day-to-day basis
- adhering to company values and policies at all times
- managing any additional ad-hoc duties as requested by the MD
Qualities youll need to succeed
- productive, efficient and organised - of yourself and others
- an adaptable, calm and resilient approach
- ability to handle a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- ability to retain and recall information promptly and efficiently
- outstanding presentation
- ability to build strong relationships with all stakeholders
- strong IT, calendar management and organisational skills
- productive, deadline-driven and efficient, with great attention to detail
- a self-starter with initiative and the drive to get things done
Preferred knowledge, skills, and experience
- previous experience as EA to a Managing Director or equivalent senior level (regardless of industry) is required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a strong administrative role
- exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- experience managing internal and external stakeholders
- ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- highly proficient with Microsoft Office
- the right to work in Australia as an Australian citizen or permanent resident
We ask that your resume and application form (located under the Careers tab on our webpage), displaying relevant qualifications and work history, along with two (2) references/referees, by Friday 29th November.