At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Boddington offers a unique opportunity to live in the South West, only 130 kms from the Perth CBD and approximately 100kms from the coast so there will be plenty of time to enjoy the lifestyle this area has to offer. The largest gold producer in Australia, you will join a diverse team and have the opportunity to advance your career with an innovative company dedicated to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity. With a 7:7, dayshift only, 12 hour dayroster this roleoffersa unique opportunity to live locally and go home each day, or we also provide the opportunity toDIDO with accommodation in our Village.
What you will be doing
Reporting to the Asset Health Supervisor, you will work closely with mine maintenance, mining operations and contractors to identify and resolve problems relating to safety, asset integrity and breakdown of Newmont Goldcorp Boddingtons fleet of Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME), with the primary purpose of achieving production targets and reducing operating costs.
Duties will include:
- Effectively and accurately carry out routine equipment health monitoring tasks on all HME by online and offline data collection using advanced portable data collectors and other tools as per established schedules and plant requirements.
- Carry out extensive analysis on all data collected to diagnose potential equipment health problems and recommend remedial measures.
- Report significant changes in equipment condition to the Asset Health Supervisor and provide timely reports for key stakeholders.
- Record and maintain data integrity in Computerised Maintenance Management Systems such as MineStar, SAP, Dingo Trakka, Emmerson AMS Machinery Health Manager, etc.
- Actively participate in Reliability Improvement programs, Defect Elimination and Root Cause Failure Analysis processes by assisting Reliability Engineers with technical reports and data as required.
- Assist with improvements to strategies and procedures to ensure that asset health requirements are met for the ongoing safe reliable operation and maintenance of HME.
- Provide technical support to the Superintendents, Supervisors, Trades people and other maintenance personnel in the resolution of technical issues with equipment.
- Ensure contractors and consultants supervised by you are aware of and compliant with Newmont safety standards.
- Ensure required documentation is obtained from OEMs and contractors, including but not limited to, reports, procedures, certificates of competency, licences, permits, certificates of calibration or testing, (SDS) etc.
Who you are
You will have significant experience in health monitoring of HME used in large open pit mining operations and a Trade or Engineering qualification.
Your qualification checklist
- Vibration Analysis (VCAT)
- Machine Lubrication Technician/Analyst Level I (ICML)
- Infrared Thermography Level I (AINDT TT-01)
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing AINDT/PCN - Level 2
- Ultrasonic Welds AINDT/PCN - Level 2
- Magnetic Particle Testing AINDT/PCN - Level 2
- Liquid Penetrant Inspection - Level 2
- Failure Analysis
- Vibration Analysis Level 2 (ISO Certification)
- Machine Lubrication Technician/Analyst Level II (ICML)
- Infrared Thermography Level II
- Acoustic Emission
- NDT Certification to Level III
Applications will close 4 December 2019.
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.