Dynamic, fast-paced school environment, Be a crucial part of the team at every level of the organisation, We are a Jewish school, though you don't need to be Jewish to apply.
We are looking for a senior Executive Assistant to support the Principal in all areas of that role.
This role is full time and available from the beginning of Term 1, 2020 (mid-late January). You will receive 4 weeks of annual leave per year. Additional time off during non-term time would be considered by mutual agreement.
The hours are 8am 4pm, Monday to Friday. However, attendance at meetings or events outside of these hours may be required on an ad hoc basis.
About our School
Emanuel School is a Co-educational Jewish Day School covering Pre-school to Year 12. We value the individuality of all students and encourage the development of their special interests and talents.
Our objective is to extend our students to the best of their ability, and to foster a love of learning, a strong sense of community and a pride in their Jewish heritage. We strive to create an environment in which genuine acceptance and understanding can develop. These concepts are reflected in the School motto Mind, Spirit, Being.
About the Role
The role of the Executive Assistant is to help the Principal's day run smoothly.
There will be the usual diary and email management, as well as preparation of reports, presentations, speeches or correspondence on behalf of the Principal. You will get involved in many areas of school life including working with other teams, managing events and supporting other teams on large events as required.
What is a typical day of a Principal you ask Well, there is no such thing. Every day will bring with it different challenges, but here is an example of what you might expect:
- The morning would likely begin with a speech at school assembly, followed by meetings with various heads of department.
- At recess, there is a meeting scheduled with students who would like to voice their concerns around a current matter affecting humanity and present their recommendations on how Emanuel can help solve this.
- Back in meetings - budgets, building committees, student welfare discussions.
- Then the meetings get interrupted to deal with an urgent disciplinary matter with a student, or a safety concern.
- By now it's lunch time where the office door is kept open for students to come in and talk about how their weekend sport went, or to show their recent art project, or give suggestions on how assemblies could be made more interesting.
- After lunch, the Kornmehl Pre-school students might come up to visit and get a tour of the Principal's office.
- Then the afternoon is spent in final preparations for the board meeting, followed by a High School enrolment interview.
- Once the majority of the school leaves (including you), the Principal's evening continues with a board meeting, or watching one of our sports team play against another school, after which it is home time.
About the Successful Candidate
The right person for this role will be able to manage the type of day we have described in a calm and professional manner, while keeping their sense of humour intact.
You will have at least 5 years' experience in a similar role, including C-Suite level support. Experience in a school environment is not required.
You will be a people person with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships. You be equally comfortable talking to children of any age group as you are dealing with our staff, parents or board members.
You will have strong organisational, administrative and communication skills. Excellent time management is a must.
All applicants will need to have a valid Working with Children Check (WWCC).
In your cover letter, please include details of why you think you would be the right person for the role, an overview of your relevant experience and your favourite joke.
Applications close Sunday 8 December 2019