Flexible hours and work from home potential, Excellent remuneration and benefits, Paperless office and cloud-based practice!.
Accounting Elements (www.accountingelements.com.au) is a Brisbane based bookkeeping and accounting services practice located in Milton, QLD. We deliver innovative, market leading foundational accounting and bookkeeping service using Xero as our primary accounting package. Accounting Elements is part of the Elements Advisory Group (www.elementsadvisorygroup.com.au).
Our service offering expands beyond traditional bookkeeping services into a more technical level of monthly accounts preparation including:
- End of month reconciliation of Balance Sheet accounts
- Preparation of monthly accruals and prepayments
- High quality business activity statement and compliance reporting
We also pride ourselves being able to extend additional Financial Control support services to our client base such as:
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts
- Assistance with cash flow management
- Assistance with optimisation of day-to-day business systems
- Assistance with implementation of the Xero Accounting package
Accounting Elements is seeking an additional Senior Bookkeeper to join our growing team on a Part-Time basis and help service the needs of our high quality client base.
The Part-Time position will initially be for a 3 days per week. With the ability to work 1-2 days from home after successful completion of the probation period.
It is expected that the Senior Bookkeeper will be responsible for the following:
Preparation of end-of-month closing entries;
Preparation of end of month reconciliations for all key Balance Sheet accounts such as (not limited to):
- Superannuation liabilities
- Bank Accounts
- Debt Facilties
- Fixed Assets
- Inter-entity loan accounts
Provision of cash flow management assistance to clients;
Payment of supplier invoices on behalf of clients using net banking facilities;
Use of ABA files to process batch payments on Netbank;
Preparation and lodgement of IAS and BAS on a monthly or quarterly basis.
Conducting basic reviews of a clients accounting file and identify areas for improvement and potential inaccuracies.
Assisting with the day-to-day management of your dedicated Junior Bookkeeper
Reporting to the Directors of Accounting Elements Pty Ltd
Criteria to be successful in this position:
Successful applicants will have the following experience:
- At least 3 years experience as a bookkeeper or internal accountant
- At least 2 years minimum experience using Xero accounting software.
- At least 2 years experience in the lodgement of IAS and BAS (Payroll and GST knowledge is required for this role)
Preferred (but not essential) qualifications are as follows:
- Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent
- BAS Agent
- Xero Certificate
- Experience using ReceiptBank
- Experience using Xero Practice Manager
- Experience using Xero Workpapers
The candidate must be able to demonstrate the following soft skills:
- Ability to work in a team environment and share tasks with other team members.
- The ability to efficiently and professionally interact with clients via email, face to face and telephone.
- Ability to self-manage and work well in the "work from home" environment
Our work environment is dynamic and we have a great reputation for our professional delivery and value adding expertise.
- Competitive market based salary - package subject to experience (the quoted package is based on a full-time position and will be pro-rated based on the final agreed work hours with the successful applicant)
- Flexible working hours and arrangements for the right candidate (including work from home options for 1 or 2 days a week)
- Eligibility for bonuses based on our Employee Bonus Scheme