Director Health and Safety Project Delivery Sydney Metro
- Permanent Ongoing role, centrally located in modern Sydney CBD offices.
- Meaningful and rewarding role, delivering on our safety commitment to the people of NSW.
- Its an exciting time to join Sydney Metro within the transport cluster.
Transport for NSW is delivering a once-in-a-centuryinvestment in new infrastructure and services, including Sydney Metro. The first line of this new fully automated railway opened in May 2019 and by 2024 will deliver 31 metro stations and more than 66kmof metro rail. Planning is also underway for future lines which will shapethe way Australias largest city travels, making Sydney Metro the biggest public transport project in the nations history.
We are currently recruiting for a Director Health and Safety, Project Delivery to be part of Sydney Metros high performing Health and Safety team.
In this role you will lead the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety systems, governance and assurance processes for the Project, in order to manage the on-going compliance of Sydney Metro with all relevant health and safety legislative, regulatory and incident
You will oversee the provision of periodic health and safety reporting, including trend and statistical analysis and the development of appropriate corrective and preventive actions. ,
As the Director Health and Safety you will lead the development and continual improvement of a positive safety culture, in accordance with Sydney Metro values, for the Project by influencing all staff, contractors and professional service contractors within the safety areas, to ensure timely, effective and efficient performance of safety responsibilities.
The role reports directly to the Director Executive Health & Safety and will have a dotted line relationship to the Project Director for business activities related to the project.
Experience skills and personal qualities required to be successful in this position:
- In addition to holding a relevant tertiary qualification and you will also have significant experience of safety management in Tier 1 civil construction / engineering or high risk project environment.
- Demonstrated people management experience within a large, complex organisation in a WHS leadership position.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work in a complex matrix organisation, across multiple stakeholders and build effective working relationships.
- You will have strong communication skills with ability to present and address large meetings and forums and ability to write comprehensive reporting writing and prepare executive presentations as when needed.
- You are autonomous and a collaborative team player who has ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously.
- Professional membership of a relevant safety body
- Most importantly, you are motivated by the opportunity to be an integral part of the success of Australias biggest public transport project.
Intrigued want to find out more
Great! You recognise that rewarding and meaningful opportunities like this dont come along every day. If weve piqued your interest and you think you possess the relevant skills and experience to excel in this role, we want to hear from you.
TSSE Band 1A: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Sydney Metro, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Also we actively support flexible working and encourage applications that seek flexible hours, part-time, or job-share arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your most up to date resume and Cover Letter (Cover Letter no more than two pages) highlighting relevant skills and experience.
Please note: The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: 1^st December 2019