Its an exciting time to join Sydney Metro within the transport cluster., Diverse and inclusive team committed to making a difference., Progresssive organisation that supports flexible working.
- Fixed Term role up to 3 years, centrally located in modern Sydney CBD offices.
- Meaningful and rewarding role, delivering on our safety commitment to the people of NSW.
- Its an exciting time to join Sydney Metro within the transport cluster.
Transport for NSW is delivering a once-in-a-centuryinvestment in new infrastructure and services, including Sydney Metro. The first line of this new fully automated railway opened in May 2019 and by 2024 will deliver 31 metro stations and more than 66kmof metro rail. Planning is also underway for future lines which will shapethe way Australias largest city travels, making Sydney Metro the biggest public transport project in the nations history.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manager Occupational Hygienist to be part of Sydney Metros high performing Health and Safety team.
In this role you will manage the identification, measurement and evaluation of occupational health and hygiene hazards across Sydney Metro to limit health risks through practical and cost-effective methods. The role maintains management system documentation, including performance standards, associated guidance documentation and audit tools in compliance with the Work Health and Safety Regulations (2011), Rail Safety legislation (2012) and relevant Codes of Practice.
The role reports to the Director Health & Hygiene.
For more information on this position, view the role description here.
- Tertiary qualifications in Occupational Hygiene or related disciplines and extensive professional experience in Health & Hygiene industry preferably with in infrastructure projects environment.
- Full Member (MAIOH) of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists (AIOH), or eligible to obtain such membership
- Licensed Asbestos Assessor and experience in the asbestos removal industry
- Comprehensive knowledge of Australian Work Health and Safety Legislation, Codes of Practice and Guidance documentation relevant to the construction and tunnelling industry in addition to relevant items from the Federal Safety Commissioner pertaining to occupational health and hygiene.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Australian Institute of Occupational Hygienists framework for risk assessment and exposure monitoring strategies
Intrigued want to find out more
Great! You recognise that rewarding and meaningful opportunities like this dont come along every day. If weve piqued your interest and you think you possess the relevant skills and experience to excel in this role, we want to hear from you.
TSSE Band 1A: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Sydney Metro, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
Also we actively support flexible working and encourage applications that seek flexible hours, part-time, or job-share arrangements.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit your most up to date resume and Cover Letter (Cover Letter no more than two pages) highlighting relevant skills and experience.
Please note: The successful candidate may need to undertake background checks and criminal record checks.
Applications close: Sunday 8th December 2019