ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
- To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
- To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Digital content creation and distribution are integral elements of the programming strategy for Sydney Opera House, enabling the organisation to connect and create a deeper relationship with new and existing audiences.
An active contributor of ideas and a true collaborator, this role is responsible for the implementation of digital initiatives, including but not limited to long and short-form video pieces; live streams and podcasts;, under the overall curatorship of the Head of Digital Programming. This role also supports marketing and publicity initiatives for projects, ensuring that digital content is embedded within every campaign; as well as managing the administration and budget tracking for all digital initiatives within the program stream. This role suits applicants with prior experience and passion for contemporary culture and the performing arts.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- A digital specialist who is equally competent in generating creative and innovative ideas as well as possessing solid implementation and distribution skills
- Demonstrated experience with video and or/ audio production
- Demonstrated experience with social media
- Outstanding long and short-form written communication skills, demonstrated in examples of previous published (print or online) work
- Passion for the performing arts coupled with high awareness of digital trends in contemporary culture.
- Excellent research skills
- Proven strengths in analysing data to improve the effectiveness of digital activity
- Sound budget management skills
- Sound understanding of basic negotiations and contracting
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Experience with Adobe Suite and/or Final Cut is preferable
- Experience with web content management is an advantage
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- Outline your experience in video and / or audio content creation.
- What does digital engagement mean to you
A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-time, Temporary (12 months)
Position No: SOH1525
Salary: Base salary of $62,209 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contributions
Applications Close: Sunday, 8 December 2019, 11:59pm