Residential: Kalgoorlie / Boulder
Norton Gold Fields is seeking an experienced Senior Safety Coordinator to work at our Open Pit and Underground Operations, based in Kalgoorlie. An Employer of Choice with a Clear Growth Strategy, Norton Gold Fields provides career opportunities that benefit you and the local community. Zero Harm, Teamwork, Innovation, Performance Driven, and Efficiency.
Reporting to the Safety and Training Superintendent the Senior Safety Coordinator develops, implements and evaluates risk management policies and programs, trains employees in occupational health and safety procedures, monitors and audits the workplace, and records and investigates incidents to ensure safe and healthy working conditions within the Underground Mining team. Duties also include assessment, developing training material, conducting training and assessing operator competence.
Key Tasks Include:
- Ensure that the employee, management , contractors and visitors are aware of their obligations, policies and procedures relating to HSE
- Develop appropriate induction and training of all personnel at the underground sites.
- Provide expert advice to managers and officers in relation to legal obligations, policies, systems and procedures
- Ensure that all relevant reports, documentation and plans are developed, approved and submitted to meet the obligations under the relevant legislation and government policies.
- Ensure workplace incidents and injuries are fully investigated and that recommendations for change to prevent recurrence and to minimise costs related to workplace injury and workers compensation claims.
- Assist with the development, implementation and review of HSE policies, procedures and risk management plans.
- Continually monitor and manage training requirements of all operators to ensure skills requirements are met.
- Maintain an accurate and full account of all training, inductions and assessments conducted.
- Ensure that preventative safety plans are designed to control hazards identified through workplace safety audits and other initiatives.
- Provide assistance to fellow trainers in other departments as required.
- Identify, monitor and manage biological, chemical, physical, ergonomic and psychosocial risks to the Paddington operations.
- Any other duties as required.
Qualifications for this Position:
- Recognised qualification in safety related discipline (Post graduate qualifications, desirable).
- Current Cert IV in Training and Assessing (Minimum)
- Current unencumbered C Class Western Australian Drivers Licence.
- Minimum of Applied First Aid qualification (Occupational or other specialist emergency qualifications, desirable).
- Cert III in Surface Ventilation Technician Course (Desirable).
- Current Resource Safety Division approved Noise Offices Course (Desirable).
Benefits working with Norton Gold Fields:
- Residential roles and lifestyle friendly rosters which affords the opportunity to balance family, work and community.
- Competitive salary, rewarding your skills and experience.
- Private health insurance for you and your family.
- Optional TPD insurance.
- Salary sacrificing options for housing, motor vehicles and superannuation.
- Discounted Corporate Gym memberships with several local fitness centres.
How to Apply:
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd promotes diversity in our workforce and encourages all applicants, including women, indigenous and multi cultural backgrounds to apply.
Please note that when you apply, you agree for Norton to conduct police verification check on you.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd reserves the right to commence recruitment proceedings prior to the closing date, unsolicited CVs from recruitment agencies will not be accepted.
Norton Gold Fields Pty Ltd (Norton or the Company) is one of Australias largest domestic gold producers, with annual production of more than 180,000 ounces. The Company has a mining and processing complex in Western Australias world-class Kalgoorlie gold region.