Welcome to Palfinger Australia, a proud member of the Sime Darby Group., Help us standardise our installation practices & make them best in class., Work hard, achieve, be supported and build a great long-term career here!.
- Welcome to Palfinger Australia, a proud member of the Sime Darby Group.
- Help us standardise our installation practices & make them best in class.
- Work hard, achieve, be supported and build a great long-term career here!
- Based from our new purpose-built Head Office site in Wacol | Great base on offer + super.
Collaborative, proactive & helpful! Bring your developing engineering skillset & willingness to roll up the sleeves & help the workshop find a better way!
- Enjoy work that involves interacting and establishing personal connections with people;
- Take pride in being proactive, taking on new challenges and being one step ahead;
- Appreciate collaborating and working together with others to achieve company goals;
- Set high standards for yourself and work hard to achieve them; and,
- Take an organised and methodical approach with your work and take care to get things right
then WE NEED TO BE SPEAKING TO YOU!
Palfinger Australia is the Australian Distributor for the global leading Palfinger Cranes. Our Australian Team of 60 passionate and professional individuals are committed to building long-standing relationships with our customers and delivering engineered solutions that transform their business and help shape their future. In joining us, you are also joining a bigger team of 20,000 men and women who work together across the many different businesses that unite under the Sime Darby banner and operate throughout 18 different countries and territories in the Asia Pacific Region. No matter where they are and what role they play, our people are driven by the same goal to create positive returns for the economy and society. Here we welcome individuals who share in our Organisational Values of respect, responsibility, integrity, excellence and enterprise.
About this Position
The primary focus of this position is to prepare the engineering calculations and installation instructions [Engineering Packs] required for each Palfinger Crane sold in Australia and to ensure that this work is prepared to Australian industry and safety standards.
Your success on the job will be driven by your ability to engage and influence the people and teams in our Palfinger Australia Workshops and the workshops of our Service Partners to follow the Installation Instructions provided in their Engineering Packs and to get them to start providing feedback around how these instructions are working for them on a practical level and how they can be further improved.
Communication is really important here and same too is your willingness to spend time in the workshop and with others across the business to develop an understanding of how things are done now, the challenges the workshop teams face and then in turn to help them find a better way. Ultimately your goal over time is to standardise the way our cranes are installed by all workshops across the country.
You will also work closely with the members of our National Sales Team who will be in contact with you daily with their requests to prepare the Engineering components of their quotes and sales proposals.
We understand that it will take time to get to know our people, our products and our processes and practices and given this full training will be provided and a high level of support will be available to you at all times.
Right fit for you
The position is ideally geared to a tertiary qualified Mechanical Engineer who has 1 3 years Industry experience and is now looking to join an organisation that they can settle into for the long term and grow a great career with!
Additional Selection Criteria includes;
- Positive communication skills complemented by the ability to build great relationships at all levels across the business [i.e. with the Workshop Team, Sales Team, Operations Team, Customers, Service Partners etc];
- Sound Planning and Organisational skills complemented by a methodical approach and strong attention to detail;
- The knack for problem solving youll view problems as opportunities and enjoy taking both an analytical and innovative approach [new ideas are valued here!];
- Strong technology skills youll have some experience using CAD and see technology as being critical to best practice and productivity, and;
- Well developed numeracy and literacy skills.
Please copy the below link into your internet browser to complete our online application.
This will take you to our candidate hub. Here you will find a list of currently advertised roles. Please select 1397. Mechanical Engineer | QLD and proceed through the online application form [it will take you just 3 5 minutes to complete].
Applications submitted using the above link will be given priority!