Graduate Program – Career in Procurement
Have you graduated in the last few years and are interested in a career in Procurement Have you dreamed of being the one to negotiate a $300 million dollar deal, or figuring out a new innovative solution to promote a new product
Then we have an amazing opportunity to set you up for that success! We are putting together a team of future superstars within the strategic IT procurement team for one of the country’s most prestigious financial institutions. You will be working as part of one of the leading Procurement Teams in the market, supporting some of the most exciting procurement projects around.
The team is an operational procurement team that will support, and be embedded across, different parts of the strategic IT procurement group. This role requires more brains and attitude than it does specific skills – we want to find the right person and help them learn the skills they’ll need, to be able to eventually become the procurement expert themselves. About the role:
The role will expose you to various aspects of procurement operations – contract management, approvals management, invoice management and business case preparation. As you master these, the deliverables will increase to include broader procurement responsibilities exposing you to sourcing, negotiations and category management.
Along the way, you will receive not only on-the-job coaching and career development with lots of team building, but also a structured mentoring program from senior procurement executives in and outside of the bank. About you:
About Augment Resources
- University Degree in Business, Law, Engineering or similar – we need you to know how to think!
- Excellent verbal and written communication – you’ll need to make yourself understood
- Excellent stakeholder management skills – you’ll be interacting and influencing junior and senior resources across the business
- Attention to detail – to do this right you’ll need to care about the detail
- Common sense and logic – don’t be afraid to use your brain, that’s what we’ll pay you for
- Interest in learning the procurement profession – we’re not looking for an expert, we’re looking for people who want to be an expert
- A get-it-done attitude – it’s a team of people who work together to get work done
We’re a specialist procurement and supply chain solutions company, run by a combination of procurement, supply chain, recruitment and management consulting executives. Industry experts who understand what other industry experts want.
In this case we’ve been engaged to provide a solution where the right resources will have the opportunity after a few years to transition over to be direct employees of the client.