At Newmont Goldcorp, our purpose is to create value and improve lives through sustainable and responsible mining. One of the largest gold companies in the world, we pride ourselves on our dedication to safety, environmental management, inclusion and diversity, and adding value and opportunity to our host communities.
Newmont Goldcorp Tanami Operation is on Aboriginal freehold land 540km northwest of Alice Springs. The site consists of a processing plant, airstrip and village located at The Granites witha fully equipped 800 bed camp offering modern leisure facilities for those flying in from Perth, Brisbane, Alice Springs or Darwin. Exciting ongoing exploration success and expansion projects provide unique and challenging career opportunities, with the underground mine located at Dead Bullock Soak ~40km west of Granites.
About the Role
Are you experienced in providing technical support to maintenance teams
Do you enjoy working collaboratively with supervisors to ensure robust plans and schedules are issued to a high level of detail, quality and accuracy
We have a great opportunity for a Senior Maintenance Advisor to join our team in Tanami. You will be responsible for the reliability functions within the Granites Operations Maintenance Department and will provide technical support to the maintenance supervisors and assists the maintenance superintendent in leading the maintenance team.
In This Role You Will
- Develop and plan weekly maintenance schedules and activities
- Establish and track work management KPIs that identify issues and drive improved planning practices.
- Support the development of LOM equipment maintenance strategies in conjunction with The Granite Operations Maintenance Superintendent
- Maintain effective condition monitoring systems that input into maintenance strategies
- Liaise with the Operations team to ensure alignment of operational and maintenance schedules
- Provide direction and act as a technical reference point and mentor for staff
Your Skills, Knowledge and Experience Checklist
- Tertiary level qualifications in Engineering
- At least eight (8) to ten (10) years of Mining or Heavy Industry Experience
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a Supervisory role
- Proven experience in using SAP
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively to across all levels within the business
- "A" Class Drivers License
Our business success comes from the accomplishments and well-being of our employees and contractors. Our goal is to build a workplace culture that allows every person to thrive, participate, grow, and proudly play an active role in achieving our strategy.
Newmont Goldcorp is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, placing and promoting the best individual for each position without regard to personal characteristics such as gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, social and indigenous origin, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, etc.
We invite women and applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply, particularly persons of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent. Newmont Goldcorp acknowledges Aboriginal people as the first Australians and respects their unique relationship with the land and sea, their culture, spiritual tradition and stories.
Note: Newmont Goldcorp does not ask individuals to pay money to apply or be considered for employment or to provide sensitive personal data without first submitting a job application through our secure, online portal.