Unique opportunity, Leading Australian law firm, Permanent opportunity; Sydney CBD location.
The Office of General Counsel (OGC) is seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant to provide high level support to David Landy (General Counsel), and Bronwyn Jury (Deputy General Counsel). This is a full-time opportunity and would suit someone with experience in opening and managing files (including probity and restricted files), excellent organisational and administration skills, litigation secretarial experience, an eye for detail and an interest in undertaking a variety of tasks autonomously and with minimal supervision.
In this varied and busy role you will be responsible for:
- the administration of probity and restricted files including responding to queries;
- maintaining and administering the Sensitive Matters Register;
- preparing and filing OGC documents;
- preparing and assisting with OGC publications;
- administering Business Names records and documentation;
- the maintenance and regulation of the Registered Office board and all company secretarial records and registers;
- administration of meetings, minutes and execution and distribution of documents;
- management of ASIC notifications and statement reviews on the ASIC portal;
- managing requests for documents held in safe custody and the maintenance of safe custody records;
- general secretarial duties including diary management, handling phone calls/voicemail, and travel.
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- solid legal secretarial experience including litigation secretarial experience;
- working knowledge and practical understanding of applicable regulatory requirements for company secretarial work;
- experience in matter opening and a good knowledge of information barriers;
- strong attention to detail and excellent organisational abilities;
- advanced skills in Word, Outlook and Aderant (or other practice management software is highly desirable);
- a proactive, flexible and adaptable attitude;
- experience using InTapp (highly desirable);
- the ability to work under pressure and be able to prioritise urgency of work; and
- a flexible approach to providing assistance out of core business hours from time to time
Efficiency, initiative and a passion to learn are key and candidates seeking a varied and challenging opportunity are encouraged to apply. Training will be provided.
The Risk Management team
The Risk Management Team formulates and implements policies and procedures to minimise risk to the firm. This includes policies of relevance to the day to day management of legal matters such as conflicts, engagement and matter management. However it also includes advising on wider risk issues such as business continuity and crisis management, work health and safety and other compliance issues. The group also manages any claims that may be made against the firm and all of the firm's overall insurance requirements including professional indemnity, salary continuance, workers' compensation and travel insurance.
As Australias leading independent law firm, our culture has been built by innovative thinkers. They are the driving force behind our firm and if you choose to be part of the team your expectations will be challenged every step of the way.
Were looking for individuals who will thrive under our spirit of independence. Dynamic personalities who can collaborate, innovate and strive for success within our collegiate culture. In return we will work to help build the career youve always wanted. Are you up for the challenge
Why Clayton Utz
As part of this innovative team you will be working with some of the sharpest legal minds in the industry. Clayton Utz has also been a powerful force in Australian pro bono practice, striving to deliver justice for those who need it and not just those who can afford it. Imagine what you could achieve at a top law firm that actually values independent thinking. A law firm who challenges the status quo.
Go on, challenge your expectations.
How to apply
We prefer to work directly with candidates, if you are interested in this role, please click the Apply button. Clayton Utz is an inclusive employer that supports flexible work arrangements, please feel free to discuss your flexibility needs with the recruiter for this role.
Accessibility and Inclusion
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process.
Clayton Utz does not accept agency submissions unless the agency is specifically contacted by a member of the Clayton Utz Recruitment Team. Please do not forward candidate profiles or resumes to Clayton Utz partners, hiring managers or other employees - this will not constitute as an introduction to the firm and Clayton Utz will not be liable for a fee.