Temporary Part-Time, until June 2020, 15.2 Hours Per Week, $43.44 - $48.29 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation.
Senior Landscape Architect
Reference number: 13032
Closing date: 11:45pm, Monday 2 December 2019
- Temporary Part-Time, until June 2020
- 15.2 Hours Per Week
- Classified as Band 6
- $43.44 - $48.29 per hour plus 9.5% superannuation
Moonee Valley City Council is a vibrant and diverse municipality. We are a local government within the north-west metropolitan area of Melbourne, providing a range of services to some 127,000 residents and over 10,000 businesses.
This opportunity will see you supporting the coordination of multi-disciplinary planning, development and implementation of Council’s open space program, in line Moonee Valley’s long-term plan MV2040. You will have a key focus on the delivery of the capital works programs through high-quality design and documentation. These projects will activate public open space, enhance the urban ecological environments and ensure sustainable and well-considered built form outcomes.
Reporting directly to the Coordinator City Design, you will be responsible for the following:
- Supporting annual renewal Capital Works Budgets for open space improvements
- Planning and designing for open space improvements within the municipality
- Providing strategic advice and recommendations to management
- Managing projects in collaboration with key stakeholders, open space improvement capital projects and other projects as directed
To be suitable for this position, you will possess the following:
- Degree or Diploma in the discipline of Landscape Architecture or Urban Design, or relevant discipline eligible for certified membership to Australian Institute of Landscape Architects
- Experience in project management and delivery of Landscape and Water Sensitive Urban Design projects in urban streetscape environments, including design and contract documentation
- Project management skills and demonstrated ability to deliver projects and services in a complex political environment on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Advanced use of AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office software.
If this sounds like an exciting career challenge that aligns with your personal goals and expertise, we want to hear from you!
Applications that do not meet these requirements may not be considered.
Our Culture of Inclusion
If you are interested in the role but feel you may not meet the full range of selection criteria, we encourage you to contact us to discuss your experience and application for this position.
We don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our services and our community. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career. We recognise the importance of balance and embrace work agility, understanding that this means different things to each and every one of our employees.
Moonee Valley City Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer and we value diversity and encourage people from different backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, people of any age or gender, people identifying as lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, intersex and/or queer (LGBTIQA+) and people with disability.
Applications Close: 02/12/2019