- Marketing, Mt Helen, Berwick or Gippsland Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term 12 month appointment (two positions)
- HEW 5 - $67,961 p.a. plus 17% superannuation.
About Federation University Australia
We are regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 continuing staff members committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University Australia has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for job-ready graduates, and Victoria’s number one teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Brand Marketing, you will provide support in the delivery of Federation University’s online communication and advertising. You will coordinate creative advertising campaigns, develop and administer original written and other visual marketing content designed to engage users.
Your responsibilities will include:
- developing and delivering social media marketing calendars utilising digital tools to optimise campaign effectiveness;
- initiating innovative social media marketing techniques to increase engagement, visibility and membership across social media channels.;
- writing relevant marketing content and the development of sound knowledge of emerging digital marketing trends;
- use creative editing skills to adjust print, video and photography to suit marketing content across a range of digital platforms; and
- building, maintaining and using effective working relationships with colleagues and key stakeholders to ensure outcomes are achieved in a cooperative and constructive manner.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience using a variety of social media platforms and tools, and the ability to develop creative marketing content utilising well-developed copywriting, editing and proof-reading skills;
- knowledge of online marketing channels, strategies, ad placement techniques, scheduling tools with experience analysing digital placement and web design;
- time management skills, projects delivery skills while maintaining tight timelines and managing competing priorities; and
- ability to occasionally work weekends, after hours and travel when required.
Careers at Federation University Australia
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 1 December 2019.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.