Fantastic opportunity to join a leading manufacturer of metal components, Nominated again for the Manufacturing Hall of Fame Awards in 2019, Rewarding career for someone with store & quality skills.
About the Company:
Metaltex Australia is a privately-owned business and a regional leader in high quality sheet metal work located in Melbourne, Victoria. The company has a diverse range of expertise and knowledge spanning different industries.
Our mission statement and values:
At Metaltex we do not forget the importance of people. People are the success both inside and outside of our business. Through team work, respect and mutual vision, we strive for delivering high level quality and service.
To uphold this commitment, Metaltex only employs qualified and quality candidates. We are a well-equipped business with 'hands-on' management style, demonstrating strict quality control and codes of ethics. Our equipment is state to ensure high precision, structural durability and high-quality fit and finish of our products.
About the role:
Due to ongoing business growth, Metaltex is currently seeking an enthusiastic employee to take on the role as a 2IC Storeman for an immediate start. We are offering a secure permanent full-time role with the possibility of ongoing progression.
The main tasks will be to assist in the following:
- Assist the store supervisor and dispatch area
- Organise Inward Goods, Despatch, Packing, Truck loading
- Oversee Packing Bolts, Locks etc., for Production Staff
- Quality Control of Area
- SOP for products in Pre-Assembly & Assembly
- Stock Control
- Factory Consumables/Stock Control/Usage
- Product identification
- Direct customer non-conformances to Quality Department
- Ensuring all processes are complete prior to dispatch
- Pulling jobs to the store for dispatch that may be overdue
- Stock identification
- Organise store area to be efficient and clean
- Ensure pallets are in store
- Ensure all parts are kept neat and tidy and in their appropriate place at the end of the day
- Efficient material storage
- Raising Delivery Dockets
- Sub-Contract Items to be sorted, checked and Job Card attached.
- Managing run sheets for deliveries
- Receipt of all incoming goods and checking quantities against Delivery Dockets
- SOPs for packing procedures
- Assist in production and assembly when required
- General all round labouring duties
- Using hand and power tools (when necessary) - drills, sanders etc
In addition, you would need to provide support in the following:
- Managing run sheets
- Efficient material storage - Putting materials in allocated designated areas (i.e. sheets in rack, locks in drawers etc.,)
- Put all stock parts away and amend stock details
About the Person
The successful candidate must have the following skills & competences:
- Strong understanding and commitment to Workplace Health & Safety
- Hold a current Forklift license
- Ability to take direction & adapt to changes
- Must be prepared to be on your feet all day
- Prepared to learn and grow with the company
- Punctuality, reliability, efficiency & sound work ethic essential
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to detail is essential
- Must be able to maintain a clean & tidy working environment
- Sound communication skills
- Candidates with a stable work history and experience within a manufacturing environment will be highly regarded
We offer genuine career progression opportunities into Management and we truly value our staff. All team members are encouraged to grow and collaborate, are respected, involved and informed. Metaltex holds monthly Wednesday BBQ lunches and employee of the month recognition celebrations.
People are key to the success of our business we focus on professional development, career progression and hourly rates that reflect individuals experience and quality. Secure onsite parking is available for all employees.
Excellent opportunity for ambitious and driven individuals looking for a long term and rewarding role with a robust company that offers above award rates and excellent working conditions.
Applicants must have full Australian working rights.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.