• Marketing | Chief Operating Office – Mt Helen Campus
• Full-time, continuing appointment
• HEW 9 - $112,987 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
About Federation University Australia
Federation University is regional Victoria's largest education institution, with campuses in Ballarat, Berwick, Brisbane, Gippsland and the Wimmera providing easy access to study, and approximately 1,300 staff committed to teaching excellence and student support. Federation University has a strong commitment to educational and social equity, teaching excellence, research distinction, environmental sustainability and regional capacity building. We are Australia's number one University for overall employability, teaching quality, student support, and median starting salary, with 70% of graduates remaining on to work within the region.
About the role
Due to internal transformation, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and agile Marketing Specialist to join our team as the Manager, Marketing Recruitment. Reporting to the Director, Marketing, you will be responsible for leading the marketing and student recruitment activities for the University by providing leadership, research and advice in the development of Federation University Australia’s student recruitment strategies for both domestic and international higher education, TAFE and Online sectors of the University.
Your responsibilities will include:
- managing the Marketing Recruitment team to drive student growth in Higher Education, VET and Online programs across all campuses;
- researching, advising and providing recommendations on domestic and international market trends ensuring the University identifies new business opportunities and market changes;
- building relationships with various networks, including RUN and other Victorian universities, to stay informed and responsive to changes in the market;
- researching, developing and leading short term and long term marketing initiatives to ensure the University achieves its enrolment targets; and
- providing expert advice and strategic directions to senior staff in regards to domestic and international student recruitment strategies.
To be considered for this position, you will ideally have demonstrated:
- relevant post graduate qualification/s and extensive management experience in Marketing and Recruitment;
- research and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and trends for strategic planning purposes;
- effective team building and staff management skills, including ability to support a team working to achieve targets across multiple campuses;
- ability to monitor, analyse and report on financial and marketing data, identify lead indicators and provide a high level of attention to detail; and
- knowledge or ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of the tertiary education sector applying to the recruitment of domestic students.
Careers at Federation University
From a proud 150 year history, Federation University Australia is renowned for being accessible, inclusive, supportive and empathetic. Our people are important to us, and we understand the significance of providing them with a dynamic and diverse working environment, with a commitment to building capability and skills through professional development.
We offer a variety of benefits including a flexible and sustainable working environment, lifestyle benefits, in addition to competitive remuneration packages and regional living.
At Federation University we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sex and genders.
Please apply by Sunday, 1 December 2019.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, for further information on preparing a job application, please click here.
All University positions delivering education and/or services to children must hold a valid Working With Children Check (WWCC). Please refer to the position description for WWCC requirements.