UQ Jobs Reference 508828
The Student Affairs Division brings together central units with the objective of enhancing student experience and success. It has two operational arms: the Student Services Directorate, and the UQ Student Employability Directorate. The Division also manages the University’s day-to-day relationship with UQU, student accommodation providers, and works with UQ Health Care to ensure medical service provision for students.
The Student Services Directorate provides a range of services, activities and initiatives and support functions that enhance the student experience and assist in ensuring student success.
The current initiatives led by the Student Services teams fall into a number of areas:
- Advice Teams | The focus is on enabling student success through providing general and specialist support including accommodation, disability, diversity and inclusion, general welfare and international student advice.
- Learning Development Team | The focus is on supporting student success through online, group and one to one initiatives to enhance academic and learning skills for students.
- Counselling Team | The focus is on providing an opportunity for enrolled students to access professional counselling so that they may better develop and fulfil their personal, academic and professional potential.
- Student Experience Team | The focus is on delivering projects that help students make connections and partnerships that enhance their experience at UQ. The work of this team will provide opportunities for students to build a sense of belonging and support within UQ.
About This Opportunity
The Service Support Officer is a broadbanded HEW 4/HEW 5 position, providing administrative support for staff, programs and events within Student Services. The duties within the role will vary dependent on the HEW level to which you are appointed.
As a HEW 4 Service Support Officer, you will provide tier 1 advice to students regarding the service delivered by Student Services. You will provide administrative assistance including managing inboxes and enquiries, maintaining departmental systems and updating web content and digital resources. You will assist in planning and delivery of events, programs and activities, and coordinate with volunteers assisting with Student Services activities.
As a HEW 5 Service Support Officer, you will deliver group based activities and support to students, develop and deliver events, programs and activities, and administer and co-ordinate specific systems to support programs. You will co-ordinate and manage volunteers who support Student Services’ activities and organise and supervise students employed to support programs and teams.
This position is located at our picturesque St Lucia campus, renowned as one of Australia’s most attractive university campuses, and located just 7km from Brisbane’s city centre. Bounded by the Brisbane River on three sides, and with outstanding public transport connections, our 114-hectare site provides a perfect work environment – you can enjoy the best of both worlds: a vibrant campus with the tradition of an established university.
Our Ideal Candidate
As this position is broadbanded HEW4/5, the appointment level will be dependent on your skills and experience.
As a HEW 4, you will have a diploma with relevant work experience or equivalent. You will have excellent interpersonal skills, an ability to exercise sound judgement and efficient time management, planning and organisational skills.
As a HEW 5, in addition to the above skills and experience, you will a degree or extensive experience in the administrative field. You will have the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communicate effectively with internal and external agencies. You will have experience in planning and organising activities, events and programs in an efficient and timely manner.
You must have ongoing unrestricted work rights in Australia to apply for this opportunity.
What We Can Offer
There are multiple, fixed term and continuing full time opportunities available at HEW level 4 or 5.
The full-time equivalent base salary for a HEW 4 will be in the range $62,342 - $66,291, plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $72,940 - $77,561.
The full-time equivalent base salary for a HEW 5 will be in the range $67,608 - $75,506, plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $79,101 - $88,342.
Want to Apply
To submit an application for this role, use the APPLY NOW button below. All applicants must supply the following documents:
- Cover letter addressing key selection criteria and whether you have a particular HEW Level or position that you would like to apply for (Up to 2 pages).
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQJobs portal by the job closing deadline. Applications received via other channels including direct email will not be accepted.
Applications Close Friday 29 November at 11:00 pm (AEST)