Are you looking to progress your career with an innovative company, Would you like to work in a team where people are valued and rewarded, Do you want to feel like you are really contributing and making an impact.
JBD is a leading Australia wide construction detailing company specialising in professional services for exceptional 3D build know how and quality drawings for steel, concrete panels and laminated timber projects.
Established in 1997, we have a strong reputation for having great team innovation and excellence. Our clients range from Builders, Steel Fabricators, Developers, Engineers and Architects.
As part of our continual growth, we are seeking a Sales Estimator to join our Sunshine Office team. This opportunity requires hands on estimation skills, business development experience and someone who has a values alignment to represent JBD.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Quote: preparation and submission of estimations using manual take offs from client provided consultant drawings
- Business development: through establishing and maintaining excellent client relationships, keeping a finger on the pulse of what is happening in the industry and follow-up with clients after quotation is complete to keep work flowing in
- Customer relationship: develop and maintain relationships and drive quote acceptance through pro-active conversations and connections
- Quoting Consistence: contribute to the building of a reliable quoting model
- Stakeholder Liaison: work closely with the production team on scheduling of projects and providing a seamless handover of all project details into production
- Reporting: daily and weekly reporting, including engagement in the post project review process
- QA: adherence to the JBD standards, systems and processes
- KPIs: achieving agreed targets and milestones
To be suitable for the position, you will be able to demonstrate the following criteria:
- High level of communication and negotiation skills with fluent spoken and written English
- High mathematical ability with advanced excel skills
- Consistency, particularly with take-offs
- Construction experience and a good understanding of the Detailing industry
- Experience in providing quotes and estimates in the construction industry would be an advantage
- Excellent time management, client liaison and interpersonal skills
- High energy and enjoy client contact over the phone, and when required, in person
- A strong work ethic, can-do attitude and integrity
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team
- Open to visiting client sites for business development purposes, when required
- Familiarity with Australian Standards and Building Codes
- Experience in setting up a quoting system will be regarded favourably
Please note you must be an Australian citizen or hold an Australian work permit and be ready to work from our Sunshine Coast Office
by Friday 29 November 2019.
This is a permanent role with a well-established and growing company that is leading technological development in the industry. It is a great company that values its people and work-life balance, offering flexibility, lifestyle, career progression and a competitive salary (negotiable depending upon experience) with an IMMEDIATE start.
Please note, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.