They say home is where the heart iswe say home is where the art is.
HOTA, Home of the Arts is a contemporary cultural precinct where art meets life.
Were the Gold Coasts home of live performances, lake-side strolls, stargazing, cinema-watching, art, conversation and new-ideas.
Imagine a place where art captures your imagination, where art is for everyone, where art is for life.
Welcome to HOTA, Home of the Arts.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, in this newly created leadership role, the Business Growth & Development Director will work with a high performing team to build the brand and commercial strategy for the HOTA precinct.
The Business Growth & Development Director will be responsible for achieving revenue and business goals, along with driving business development and commercial activity. Leading the development and implementation of a commercial go-to-market strategy and playing a key role in the guardianship of the HOTA brand, the Business Growth & Development Director will ensure that all communications reflect the HOTA values, leading and affirming HOTAs vison in communicating and promoting our arts and culture experience to the community.
To be successful in this role, the Business Growth & Development Director will thrive in a commercially driven, strategically focused environment and will:
- Collaborate with executive colleagues and lead delivery to the strategic vision via creation and execution of the business growth plan;
- Provide exceptional leadership to build HOTAs reputation as a dynamic and evolving cultural precinct and execute strategies that balance artistic and commercial outcomes to create community and economic benefit for the Gold Coast;
- Create networks and partnerships in sector forums and the Arts community to achieve results;
- Deliver the strategic vision through innovation and increased opportunity for brand exposure and awareness;
- Formulate ambitious planning while setting and communicating targets for HOTA that motive, challenge and reward;
- Consistently evaluate data and trends across the community, and develop and implement strategies for future growth opportunities;
- Lead the delivery of marketing services including Brand, digital, design and communications;
- Lead and implement a comprehensive fundraising plan and the HOTA philanthropic and sponsorship strategy.
- Marketing Degree or MBA or equivalent;
- Significant experience in leadership of a successful Business Development function with a track record of meeting challenging financial targets;
- Demonstrated experience in supporting philanthropy and fundraising responsibilities;
- Experienced at utilising the strength of an organisations Brand for business development, working effectively with team members and peers;
- Demonstrated experience in developing innovative business cases and proposals to secure partnerships and sponsorships, to attract philanthropic-giving and in preparing grant applications;
- An understanding of art and culture and its value as the heart of the HOTA Brand;
- Sophisticated communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills, with proven success interacting with high level individual and institutional prospects, donors and stakeholders across cultural, business and government sectors;
- Proven success in functional planning and report preparation that demonstrates aligned deliverables and progress to the strategic and business plan.
HOTA is an ambitious and growing organisation with significant support from our key stakeholder the City of Gold Coast. As part of the HOTA Executive team, you will be contributing to a vibrant and evolving precinct that is truly transformational for the Gold Coast and our community.
You will be supported by an engaged and visionary board, CEO and an effective team as well as a competitive salary and bonus.
Closing date for applications 6 December 2019.