Tired of constant FIFO work but still want to enjoy the lifestyle of Townsville, Work with an experienced team - 75% of the team have had at least 10yrs service, Rotating work roster - 9on / 5off (field) and 5-day or 4-day fortnight at depot.
Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. We aim to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
We are looking for two experienced Fitters to join our Supply Chain North team based at our Townsville depot. As a Fitter you will be responsible for ensuring that all infrastructure, plant and equipment is maintained to required standards. You will work on a wide variety of equipment from track machines, excavators, bobcats through to small plant including mowers and chainsaws.
About the role
- Carry out preventative maintenance, including scheduled maintenance and condition monitoring.
- Use effective troubleshooting methods to repair plant breakdown and minimising downtime.
- Implement and follow safe working practices.
- Co-ordinate and negotiate with other teams and external contractors to ensure effective management of work programmes.
- Prepare and provide plant maintenance documentation and reports in accordance with the Scheduled Assured Maintenance System (tablet/laptop based).
- Certificate III in Engineering – Mechanical Trade
- Current drivers’ licence, MR licence preferable
- Proven experience and high skill in the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of heavy equipment
- Sound diagnostic/problem-solving skills
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and electrical
- Team player with strong interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated commitment to safety
- Experience in a similar position within a rail environment will be highly regarded
This is a permanent opportunity with the base salary starting at $57,769 and all-purpose allowance of $3,703.63 per annum, plus penalties, other allowances and generous super.
What to expect
- Rotating work roster – you will work a 9 day on, 5 day off roster when you are in the field and either a 5-day or 4-day fortnight when you are working at the Townsville Depot. The rosters may include some night shifts and weekend work.
- You must be willing to work away from home however travelling for field work will be part of your working hours.
- Paid training and ongoing support
- Strong focus on safety – we ‘work safe’ every day to ensure everyone goes ‘home safe’
- Work with an experienced and supportive team – 75% of the team have had at least 10 years of service.
Plant Fitter 25970 PD.pdf
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining your relevant experience by 7am Friday 29th November 2019
The recruitment and selection process for this position might require shortlisted applicants to undertake a Psychometric Assessment, Pre-Employment Health Assessment. External applicants will be subject to Alcohol and Other Drugs pre-employment testing.
As Queensland Rail is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, we encourage women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from non-English speaking backgrounds, and members of other diverse groups to apply for this position.