Environmental Engineers International Pty Ltd (EEI) is a specialist engineering firm at the forefront of innovation in wastewater treatment and management. We provide consulting, detailed and concept engineering, technical advisory, contract research, environmental management, and equipment and chemical delivery services to a variety of private and public-sector clients.
Our proprietary technology has been implemented for treatment of non-standard wastewater such as high nitrogen/ low carbon effluents from abattoirs processing, and pH 13 waste from industrial/mineral processors. The technical solutions that EEI have delivered has saved our clients millions of dollars in capital and operating costs whilst generating value added by-products.
Due to our innovative approach to wastewater treatment, EEI and its Principals have received several awards including:
- The Research Innovation Award (Australian Water Association - 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Most Innovative Engineer (Consulting Category) (Engineers Australia - 2017, 2019)
- WA Water Professional of the Year (Australian Water Association - 2017)
- Innovating for Sustainability Award for (Australian Water Association - 2016)
- Infrastructure Innovation Award Finalist (Australian Water Association - 2013)
- Best Innovation Engineer Award (WA Business News and Engineers Australia - 2003)
We are an ISO accredited company for Quality (9001), OHSAS (18001) and Environmental Management (14001). The principals are chartered and registered engineers of Engineers Australia, and the National Engineers Register.
About the role:
We have recently secured a pipeline of exciting projects and are looking to expand our core team with a vision of long-term growth for the company. EEI is seeking applications for a Senior Water Engineer who will continue to drive development of the business from the success of our recent projects.
The applicant should be passionate about providing the best solutions for our clients, respect the positive and welcoming culture of our company, and bring an industry network to expand our future opportunities. Ideally the candidate has technical expertise in the water field complimentary to EEIs skillset that can create synergy and increase the value of the company offerings.
This role provides the opportunity to work directly with our CEO, one of the leading figures in anaerobic and anammox wastewater treatment technologies in Australia. His work has been recognised by Engineers Australia, the Australian Water Association, and a host of tertiary education institutions. The Senior Water Engineer will report directly to the CEO and drive the activities of our talented consulting engineering team.
- Lead our successful engineering consulting team and report to the CEO.
- Regularly meet new clients and seek opportunities to grow and develop the business.
- Improve and streamline company systems considering future growth.
- Manage current client relationships and ensure regular client contact to receive feedback on company performance and take appropriate actions to resolve issues should they arise.
- Support the CEO in company planning, technology commercialisation, and strategy activities.
- Review project contracts and assist in contract execution and administration.
- Compete technical work relevant to the applicants skillset.
- Have accountability for commercial and financial performance with respect to profit and loss.
- Mentor junior staff and identify where further resources are required.
Minimum Applicant Requirements:
- 10 15 years experience in water/wastewater fields.
- A recognised tertiary qualification in chemical, civil, environmental engineering, or closely related discipline
- Ideally a chartered engineer
- Significant project experience related to water and/or wastewater facilities for industrial and government clients.
- Demonstrated success in securing projects from industry and government clients.
- An ability to travel as required for project and business development activities.
- The right to work in Australia.
Benefits of Working with EEI:
- Flexible working arrangements available
- Work with a highly engaged and satisfied team
- Technical growth in emerging technologies such as the anammox process for nitrogen removal, mentoring from industry leaders
- Ability to shape the direction of a rapidly growing company