Manage content compilation, layout, design, Exciting opportunity to join a leading medical college, Close walk to best cafes in CBD.
The Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (RACS) is a not for profit, membership-based organisation leading the way in surgical performance, professionalism and patient care in Australia and New Zealand.
RACS is at an exciting time in its evolution with a new CEO and Executive Leadership team who are committed to creating a modern, relevant and forward looking organisation. We are looking for outstanding people to join us in this time of positive transformation.
With service to our members at the forefront of our business, we strive to deliver business outcomes that are will enhance the contribution of surgeons to the broader community.
Based at the top end of the Melbourne CBD we are within easy walking distance to trams and Parliament Station.
Join a friendly and supportive high performing team. The role is responsible for the College’s publications, including the annual report, strategic plan and Surgical News, the member magazine produced six times a year, focussing on the coordination and production of well-written and professionally designed member publications from inception to delivery.
- Manage content compilation, layout, design, advertising, print management, delivery and digital representation of publications
- Update and maintain mailing distribution lists and liaise with mailing house as necessary
- Establishing production schedules for each publication with clear timelines and responsibilities at each stage of the process
- Prepare publications related content for social media platforms in consultation with the digital team
- Maintain publications calendar and a record of publications produced
- Ensure all publications comply with the relevant branding and style guidelines
- Support staff to raise standards in editing, writing and translating publications across the organisation through mentoring, advising and providing contacts and information
As the ideal candidate you will have:
- A tertiary degree in communications or other relevant discipline
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work with different stakeholders at various levels of an organization
- Ability to tailor publications to meet the needs of different audiences
- Demonstrable success in delivering a range of high-quality publications from inception to delivery, including commissioning and managing external suppliers and managing work to budget and to time
- Comprehensive understanding of the role of publications in delivering an organisation’s communication aims
- Experience with relevant specialist publications, web publishing and content management software and applications including the Adobe Creative Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign
- Outstanding stakeholder management and influencing capability and the ability to develop and build relationships at all levels
- Excellent project management, evaluation and planning skills, including the ability to think creatively and innovatively
- Ability to train and support others formally and informally.
Why work at RACS
We value flexibility and recognise that employees are at their best when they have balance in their lives. Your sense of wellbeing will be supported by a workplace that values your strengths.
To apply for the role please submit your application by clicking on the “Apply now’ button and submit a CV and detailed covering letter in Word or PDF format specifically addressing the following:
- Your top 3 strengths and how these contribute to your success
- How your skills and experience meet the requirements of the role
- What appeals to you about working at RACS
Applications close COB, 1st December.
RACS promotes diversity - Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
Enquiries: Miranda Poile
Applications Close: 01/12/2019