ABOUT THE SYDNEY OPERA HOUSE
The Sydney Opera House is an iconic Australian institution that embodies beauty, inspiration and the liberating power of art and ideas.
Our vision is to be as bold and inspiring as the Opera House itself.
Our mission is twofold:
- To treasure and renew the Opera House for future generations of artists, audiences and visitors; and
- To inspire, and strengthen the community, through everything we do.
For more information about the Sydney Opera House please refer to our website.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Digital content creation and distribution are integral elements of the Digital Marketing Strategy, enabling Sydney Opera House to connect and create deeper relationships with new and existing audiences.
This role is responsible for assisting the Social Media team in the coordination and distribution of content for social media platforms and campaigns, management of communities and providing reporting and insights on channel and platform performance. You will have a deep level of knowledge of social media channels and platforms, tools and social technology trends and developments. The role requires a blend of art and science - the ability to balance the creative elements of marketing with the analytical.
Further more detailed information about the role and its requirements can be obtained from the role description.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Two + years proven experience with social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram and Twitter including fan acquisition, paid and organic campaign management and optimisation, content creation and reporting.
- Proven knowledge of social media buying platforms including Facebook Ads Manager.
- Experience in implementing and managing social media content and campaigns - client side or agency.
- Experience with ad-serving platforms such as Doubleclick Campaign Manager and an understanding of how website tagging works.
- Proven experience with website analytics (examples: Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics).
- Communications experience, strong written skills and proven abilities in developing, sourcing and editing content.
- Knowledge of social measurement and monitoring platforms such as Radian6, Local Measure etc preferred.
- Certification in Facebook Blueprint preferred.
- Degree in marketing, communications or a related discipline.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, organisational and relationship management skills.
- Passion for the digital industry and trends.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to include an up to date resume of no more than five pages which clearly details your relevant skills and experience and how they relate to the requirements and capabilities for the role. Applicants are also asked to address their suitability in a covering letter of no more than two pages addressing the following two targeted questions:
- Explain how you manage a high volume and velocity of day to day work in the face of competing priorities. Provide an example of a situation where you have been required to manage competing priorities, the actions you took and the outcomes.
- Provide an example of a situation where you have been required to use data to optimise a digital marketing campaign or channel.
Applicants MUST create a profile and submit their application electronically for this position Only applicants who apply online will be considered for this position. A talent pool may be created from this recruitment action for ongoing or temporary roles of the same standard that may become available over the next twelve months.
Sydney Opera House welcomes applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people from diverse cultural backgrounds and people with disability.
To be eligible to apply for this position, applicants must have existing Australian work rights.
Applications will not be accepted from recruitment agencies.
Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory National Police Check and Pre-Employment Health Assessment .
Job Status: Full-time, Temporary (12 month)
Position No: SOH1517
Salary: Base salary of $57,859 per annum, plus 9.5% superannuation contributions
Applications Close: Tuesday, 19 November 2019, 11:59pm