SEEK only intro: We are seeking a highly organised and enthusiastic Administration & Projects Officer to join us in a full time role in the arts/heritage sector.
Administration & Projects Officer
This full-time position is available for immediate commencement. Applications close Wednesday 20 November 2019, and will be reviewed upon submission.
International Conservation Services is Australias largest private conservation practice. We conserve a wide range of cultural and heritage objects and artefacts including paintings, furniture, textiles, paper, sculpture, archaeological artefacts and wall finishes in buildings.
We are seeking a highly organised and enthusiastic Administration & Projects Officer to support our Business Operations Team and the Fine & Decorative Arts Division. You will coordinate and manage a wide range of activities related to client service, administration, and project support for conservation jobs.
This position is located at our conservation labs in Chatswood, Sydney.
The Administration & Projects Officer supports two key areas:
- Business Operations Team (a shared role with another Administration & Projects Officer)
Responsibilities include tailoring information to accurately address client enquiries and updating the client database, drafting estimates, processing payments, arranging transport, sourcing and purchasing specialist supplies and subcontractors, and collaborating with conservation staff to effectively manage client issues.
- Fine & Decorative Arts Division
Approximately half of weekly hours are dedicated to providing administration support for a Conservation Section. Additional Section duties include section-specific administration, monitoring invoicing, coordinating and minuting team meetings, providing project assistance, drafting and contributing to project reports, and liaising with clients and subcontractors. Assisting with the preparation of tenders and submissions is a key responsibility, along with administering contracts and maintaining job records.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role
- Great communication skills
- A confident, resilient, warm and helpful nature
- Ability to work in a team environment and also independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Prior experience or a good understanding of working in the visual arts/heritage/conservation sector
- High level computer skills including proficiency in MS Office, web and database applications
- Drivers Licence (essential)
What we offer:
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Annual professional development allowance
- Great working environment and people
- Flexible working arrangements
Salary will be $56,112 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Go to the International Conservation Services website to download the position description and selection criteria from our Careers page.
Submit your application on our online application form.
Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts from current or previous employers, and a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited for this job. Please refer to the selection criteria on the final page of the position description.
You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or have the right to work unrestricted hours on an ongoing basis.
Applications close Wednesday 20 November 2019