St Leonards location, close to public transport, Competitive salary with FBT benefits, Friendly working environment and flexible hours.
0.6 to 1.0 FTE (23 to 37.5 hours/week) fixed term contract for 3 years.
If you are experienced in research grants or program administration and looking for something challenging an exciting opportunity exists for a Grants Administration Officer to join our team at JDRF Australia.
This role is responsible for assisting the Research Team at JDRF Australia in pre- and post- award administration of grants along with providing ongoing administrative support for the development, management and delivery of projects, events and other initiatives.
We are looking for a motivated individual with strong organisational and communication skills who would ideally possess hands on expertise on program and/or project administration. This role located at our offices in St Leonards, NSW is available for a three-year fixed term contract with the possibility of extension. A full-time commitment is expected, but a part-time (0.6 to 0.8 FTE) arrangement can be negotiated for the right candidate.
Required Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualification and/or relevant work experience in program and/or project administration. It is highly desirable to have grants administration experience within a funding institution, University or other relevant organisation,
- Demonstrated professionalism and experience in undertaking high quality tasks requiring close attention to detail and completion within strict deadlines,
- Intermediate to advanced MS Office skills (particularly in Excel, Word & Outlook), and database use,
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to engage effectively with a wide range of stakeholders of varying interests,
- Highly organised, adaptable and able to make things happen in fast-paced dynamic team environment.
- Demonstrated experience of analysing, interpreting, commenting and applying complex policies, rules, regulations and procedures.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to provide quality advice.
- Ability to receive instruction positively and execute successfully, often with limited supervision.
An immediate start is expected, and the position will remain open until filled.
To apply please submit your application to email@example.com with:
- A cover letter outlining why you are interested in this role and how you meet above criteria.
- An up to date CV with referee contacts
- Evidence of full working rights in Australia (Australian citizenship, permanent residency or appropriate Visa to work at the location for the proposed duration of the role).
A 100-point ID check along with Criminal Records Check (CrimCheck) and Work with Children Check will be required from the successful applicant.
We will receive applications directly from applicants, no agencies please.
JDRF is a global not for profit organisation that has transformed the understanding of type 1 diabetes. We have been part of every breakthrough in Type 1 Diabetes care in the last 40 years. We drive innovation, demand action and stand with everyone facing life with type 1 diabetes. We know research is the key to destroy type 1 diabetes.
JDRF Australia has a clear and simple mission to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, treat and prevent Type 1 Diabetes and its complications. At JDRF we evaluate the global landscape and support research programs through the Type 1 Diabetes Clinical Research Network (T1DCRN) and other initiatives. We target all aspects of Type 1 Diabetes to improve daily life as we work for a cure. We support therapies through each stage of the research pipeline and work to ensure these treatments reach those who need them as quickly as possible.
As an employee at JDRF, you will be empowered to work as a part of our friendly, dynamic team and to find innovative ways to achieve our mission.
We want you to be a driving force in the development of our reputation and relationships.
You will have a clear understanding of how your efforts contribute towards the positive impact we make, and your successes will be recognised.
In addition to a competitive salary, friendly working environment and flexible working hours, you will also enjoy the benefits of Salary Packaging up to $15,900 each FBT year.