Rivergate Marina location - Work close to home!, 12 month contract with the a possible extension to a permanent role, Great opportunity to build your finance career with a global organisation.
The finance function operates and maintains the financial policies and procedures, ensuring these are in accordance with current Accounting Standards and relevant regulatory frameworks. They also provide internal and external reporting in a professional and timely manner that complies with stakeholder requirements.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the day-to-day financial and management accounting requirements for Transdev Brisbane Ferries. You will also deliver compliant, accurate and timely financial information to the highest standard, managing the performance of finance staff and participate in business development activities as appropriate to ensure sustainable financial performance.
What you bring
- Tertiary qualifications in Finance, Business Management, Economics, Commerce or an equivalent discipline
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants/Australian Society of CPA or international equivalent is essential
- Financial management experience, preferably in the transport or customer service industries
- Demonstrated skills in financial disciplines such as attention to detail, timeliness, accuracy, analytical, problem solving, multi-tasking and business partnering
- People management skills
- Customer focus
- Change management aware
- Continuous improvement
The benefits for you
In addition to working in the iconic Transdev Brisbane Ferry business, you will also be part of the broader Transdev global public transport brand. Transdev is a rapidly growing business and offers great career development opportunities.
- A genuine work culture that embraces diversity and employee feedback
- We are proudly an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- Be part of a close-knit team that’s responsible for keeping local communities moving
Transdev is a world leader in the operation of passenger transport services. We operate in 19 countries around the world, with 83,000 employees and manage 41,000 vehicles. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
Transdev Brisbane Ferries provides services along the Brisbane River under contract to Brisbane City Council (BCC). With the vision of “Connecting Communities”, we aim to provide the highest quality service to our customers. As a company we are committed to the health and safety of all our employees and customers, and to ensuring that everyone is valued, respected and treated fairly. Employees of Transdev have a personal responsibility to uphold the Company's values and to ensure that the workplace is a positive environment where they can develop their skills and contribute to the success of the business.
Our values and beliefs
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to reflecting the diversity of the communities we serve. We support applications from people representing all diversity groups and ages such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTI, people with disabilities, religious beliefs, and ethnicity. We also have an uncompromising attitude to the safety of our employees, clients and customers.