Permanent Full Time opportunity working for a community focused organisation, Bring your Insurance and Claims expertise to this role, Great employee benefits.
Your new company
The Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board (MFB) is a world class emergency service employing over 2300 people and responding to 36,000 calls per year from Melbourne's four million residents and visitors. Its services include urban search and rescue, response to fires and hazardous incidents, road accident rescue, emergency medical response and marine response. The MFB aims to create a safe workplace, a respectful and achievement oriented culture, and an agile and engaged workforce.
With a host of active strategic people, culture and communication initiatives, this role is a key contributor in achieving the strategic initiatives outlined in the MFB Plan.
The Victoria Government recently passed legislation to create Fire Rescue Victoria (FRV), to come into operation on a day yet to be proclaimed, bringing together the Metropolitan Fire Brigade (MFB) and Country Fire Authority (CFA) career firefighters under one organisation. Once FRV is created, all MFB employees will be transferred to FRV.
This role is embedded in the Financial Compliance team, which is part of MFBs Finance team, and is a key contributor in achieving the strategic objectives outlined in the MFB Plan.
The Insurance and Financial Compliance Officer is required to:
- Utilise specialist knowledge to deliver high quality claims management through accurate evaluation and assessment of claims in a timely, professional and effective manner;
- Maintain professional standards by recording all insurance claims in accordance with VMIA, VGRMF and state legislation requirements;
- Accurately maintain the claims data and files to capture costs, recoveries and relevant information to facilitate decision making and risk management in alignment with MFBs strategic objectives;
- Draft, review and maintain MFBs claims management procedures and work practices to ensure they remain current, comprehensively documented, and consistently implemented;
- Provide sound, consistent, evidence-based recommendations on claims management assessment to ensure optimal outcomes for MFB;
- Build and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Undertake statistical analysis of claims data to identify trends, emerging issues, compliance risks and internal control weaknesses;
- Undertake financial compliance and insurance related project work as required.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- At least five years work experience in a claims and / or finance based environment;
- A customer-centric approach, with a genuine commitment to high quality service delivery;
- Excellent administrative, file management and organisational skills, with a keen eye for detail;
- A systematic, methodical and logical approach to claims assessment and administration;
- Effective written communication skills to clearly articulate advice and recommendations;
- Intermediate level Excel skills;
- Confidence and experience in the use of technology including MS Office and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software;
- Diploma or Bachelors qualification in insurance and / or finance.
What you'll get in return:
This is an outstanding opportunity to further develop your experience within a community focused organisation. On offer is exposure to a vast clientele base, a diverse portfolio of claims and experience working alongside a highly experienced team. You will also receive access to the onsite gymnasium on commencement and once you have passed probation can opt to wear the Corporate Uniform and have a monthly RDO.
What you need to do now
Applications close at COB Wednesday 20 November 2019.