Generous salary + super + rail pass (home and duty), Work on exciting, high-profile projects which benefit the Qld community, Be part of an agile, fast paced team.
With approximately 6,500 staff, more than $6 billion in fixed and other assets and more than 6,500 kilometres of track, Queensland Rail (QR) is an integrated customer and rail infrastructure business servicing the passenger, tourism, resources and freight customer markets throughout Queensland. The organisation aims to be the safest, best performing and most customer focused railway in Australia.
The Procurement team currently has exciting opportunities for experienced Buyers to join them on a permanent basis.
Reporting to the Category Manager, you will be responsible for sourcing and procuring services for a varied cross section of key stakeholder groups. You can expect to manage up to 10 sourcing events at a time, therefore a positive and energetic attitude, an ability to thrive under pressure and work within tight timeframes will be essential.
- Procure relevant goods and services in line with relevant legislation and policy requirements to achieve commercial outcomes.
- Manage day-to-day procurement process activities, including purchasing and payment and maintaining business records to facilitate the procurement of goods and services.
- Investigate and develop supply sources and obtain quotations to inform procurement decisions.
- Negotiate prices, contract terms and conditions, and key performance indicators for goods and services with suppliers to ensure the relationships achieve best value.
- Monitor compliance with preferred supplier contract and support compliance with standards and procedures by responding to queries from management, customers and suppliers.
- Assist in gathering, collating and analysing spend data, customer requirements and supplier performance information to inform procurement decisions.
- Develop and sustain productive relationships with portfolio customers and external suppliers to understand and plan for needs and anticipate future requirements.
- Proactively provide feedback to procurement managers about customer and supplier issues with a focus on resolution and improvement.
Your ability to think outside the box to provide solutions within a fast-paced environment will ensure your success in this role. In addition, you will have:
- High level of skill in procuring goods and services with a commercial and customer-oriented focus to relevant portfolio areas within the business.
- Substantial level of skill in managing tender processes, contract negotiations and contract reviews.
- Substantial level of interpersonal, relationship building and negotiation skills that build and sustain productive relationships and partnerships.
- Strong eye for detail and be comfortable with preparing detailed reports and other documents.
- Substantial level of skill in gathering, collating and analysing spend data and producing meaningful reports.
- Category management experience (desirable but not essential).
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a diverse client base to ensure best value for money across a range of exciting, high-profile projects which will benefit the Queensland community, we would welcome your application.
Starting salary: $90, 573 + superannuation + rail pass (home and duty)
Please submit a resume and covering letter outlining relevant experience by 5.00pm, Thursday 21st November 2019.
The recruitment and selection process for this position will require the successful candidate to satisfactorily undertake an alcohol and other drug screen and video screen.
Queensland Rail is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disabilities and people from non-English speaking backgrounds to apply for this position.