ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
b.box for kids is a fun and dynamic company known for its creativity, innovation and quality childrens products. We love what we do and it shows in our product design, marketing, branding and our people.
We're looking for an assistant accountant to join our growing finance team. Based in Mulgrave in Melbournes South East, this role provides the right candidate with a unique opportunity to be an integral part of our continued growth and success.
Key responsibilities include:
- Bank and Account Reconciliations
- Accounts payable data entry and processing
- Processing inbound shipping documentation and allocating freight expenses to inventory
- Processing employee expense claims
- Accounting for GST, VAT and customs duties on imports/exports
- Reconciling inventory across international warehouses
- Managing debtors and preparing customer credit notes and statements
- Managing and reconciling intercompany transactions
- Month-end processing and working with the Financial Accountant on the preparation of management reports
- Supporting the preparation of annual budgets, financial accounts and tax returns
You are degree qualified in Accounting and have completed or be working towards your CA/CPA. You will possess 1-2 years experience in a previous Bookkeeping/Accounting position.
You are self-motivated with strong attention to detail. You have the ability to build rapport and maintain relationships, with importance being placed on being able to provide the best service to all stakeholders.
- Strong work ethic
- Results driven approach
- Relevant technology skills (including advanced Excel skills)
- Degree qualified in Accounting and completed or working towards CA/CPA
- Experience working in a similar role and using accounting systems (ideally MYOB)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
WHO WE ARE...
b.box for kids is one of the fastest growing brands in the Australian baby products sector. We design our range locally with a passion for making parents lives more convenient, and that little bit funkier. Who ever said baby products couldnt be cool too And thats b.box: were the company redefining everyday baby essentials. We sell through 2000 retailers in Australia and to over 40 countries.
ABOUT THE TEAM...
At b.box, we're definitely a passionate and driven team! We believe you only get out what you put in. From our product design and supplier relationships to our sales and marketing activities and customer interactions - we're all involved in ensuring the b.box experience is an exceptional one. We are problem solvers, brave, creative, collaborative and accountable. It is in allowing our people to be the best they can be, at what they do, that allows us all to positively impact our brand and its success.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
The chance to be part of the continued growth and success of one of Australias most exciting and high growth businesses. Youll be working alongside an amazing team of talented and caring people in a modern, fun, and supportive working environment, with competitive remuneration.
Only those candidates shortlisted will be contacted. Must have right to work in Australia