Part time, fixed term (12 months), Based at the beautiful Perth campus on South Street in Murdoch, Easy freeway access and onsite parking. Close to public transport.
- 12-month, part-time position (18.75 hours per week)
- Level 0405 | $60k-$73k (pro-rata) plus 9.5% employer superannuation contributions
- Ref: 0007I13/202437
The Western Barley Genetics Alliance (WBGA) sits within the College of Science, Health, Engineering and Education, and is an initiative between Murdoch University and Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development.
The Administrative Officer will be the sole point of contact for the WBGAs administrative needs which include; management of research accounts, budgeting, financial activities- including credit card acquittal and purchasing, organise travel bookings, event management and providing sound knowledge of Universitys policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
The preferred candidate will have:
- Highly effective communication, customer service and interpersonal skills, and the demonstrated ability to interact constructively and collaboratively with staff at all levels of the organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative, assume responsibility for tasks and projects, and to resolve problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment and flexibility to undertake a diverse range of tasks with minimal supervision.
Applicants should refer to the Position Description for further detail on the duties, skills and experience required for this role.
With strong links to government, business and the community, Murdoch University helps people discover how to make a difference. Our staff and students are committed to high quality education, innovative research, and strong community engagement both locally and internationally.
Prospective staff can expect to enjoy the lively, natural campus and dynamic work environment, as well as a range of benefits and services unique to employment at Murdoch. Theres never been a better time to join us.
For more information or to apply:
Murdoch University values workplace diversity, promotes inclusion, and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, women, and people with disability.
Applicants who have support or access requirements, are encouraged to advise this at the time of their application, to ensure appropriate assistance is provided throughout the recruitment process.
Closing date: 21 November 2019 (11:59pm)