Flexible working enviroment, Entertaining College Productions, Amazing talented and dynamic Arts team.
Sacred Heart College is a Catholic co-educational Year 7-12 College located on the coast in Sorrento, Western Australia. The College has approximately 1400 students and 170 staff. The College has established an outstanding reputation for excellence based on consistent outstanding achievements in our Four Pillars spiritual, academic, cultural and sport.
Our College prides itself on the quality of our pastoral care. We strive to ensure that each student is well known and cared for. Each student is encouraged to discover and develop their interests and talents to become the best they can be.
Sacred Heart is a College of innovation and excellence. Our staff educate through our motto of Always Striving Upwards, and in doing so has further enriched the College.
We are seeking a passionate and dedicated Technical Support and Theatre Operations Manager to join our College in 2020, 0.8 FTE in an ongoing capacity.
About the role:
Reporting to the Business Manager, the successful applicant will oversee the Colleges RNDM Performing Arts Centre. Crucial to this role will be the ongoing collaboration with the Colleges Director of the Arts.
Your responsibilities include:
- Promoting and managing College bookings of the Performing Arts Centre.
- Provide technical support to the Performing Arts Centre this also includes sharing technical knowledge with students who are interested in sound, lighting and audio visual.
- Rostering of Theatre staff and support staff when required.
- General management liaise with and assist the Business Manager with budgets for College performances. Also oversee invoices for venue hire costs for external hires.
What we are seeking:
- Excellent sound, lighting and audio-visual technical experience.
- Excellent ability to build and maintain relationships, working with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be creative and value ad to College events such as set design.
- High level organisational, administrative and planning skills to manage internal and external bookings of College Performing Arts Centre.
- Excellent team player. Ability to remain calm when working under pressure with competing demands.
- Excellent problem solver willing to see opportunities for improvement with a creative flare.
- Demonstrated experience in a risk management role with a sound knowledge of contemporary risk management practices, ideally in a school or educational setting.
- An awareness and appreciation for the Catholic ethos of the College.
- Diploma of Arts (Technical Production) or equivalent industry experience
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Similar experience in a school setting
- Industry contacts
Be part of something excellent: To apply for this exciting opportunity a please visit our website
Applications forms are also available on the College website. Application close: 4pm Tuesday 19 November 2019.
Please provide a covering letter and CV highlighting your suitability for this role.
The way we give back to our people: Sacred Heart College gives back generously to our employees with offers on many benefits such as our own wellness program, corporate healthcare rates, onsite weights and fitness studio and a very active social club.
Sacred Heart College prides itself of living the motto of Always Striving Upwards our three key values of Courage, Compassion and Respect encompass what it means to be part of the Sacred Heart community.
Sacred Heart College is a smoke free environment
It is imperative that the successful applicant be fully supportive of the objectives and ethos of Catholic education. A current Working with Children Check or evidence of application lodgement being made prior to commencement and a National Police Clearance are mandatory.