Free On-site parking in CBD, Let your personality shine through, Iconic NFP organisation.
Relationship Manager : National Trust of Australia (NSW)
- Location Sydney, NSW
- Job Type Full-time
- Category Business
- Sectors : Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Director Development and Memberships
- Salary Package: Up to $90k plus on-site parking in CBD
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging. To achieve this vision, we need to ensure the financial strengthen of the Trust.
The National Trust (NSW) is seeking an experienced Relationship Manager to build, nurture and manage long term relationships with new and existing major donors, including the refinement of our Bequest program to achieve agreed income targets.
You will work collaboratively with the Director of Development and Memberships to identify and steward the giving program, as well as write high quality requests for funding, ensuring donors receive inspiring proposals and are well informed of the impact of their gifts.
You will need to be an outstanding relationship builder and a proven track record of securing income from major donors.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director Development and Memberships you will be responsible for:
- Working with high net-worth individuals (HNWI) and the Bequest program across the giving life cycle.
- Account management and a portfolio of philanthropic donors, you will meet KPIs, financial budgets and be a National Trust advocate at meetings and events.
- Developing relationships to ensure philanthropy management plans are maintained.
- Engaging with diverse stakeholders to bring together individuals and divisions to achieve strategic objectives.
- Developing a program of events for donor engagement, managing and engaging donors and moving them up the ladder of giving.
- Exercising due diligence to ensure occupational, work health and safety risks are addressed.
- Undertaking all other tasks and duties in consultation with the Director of Development and Memberships
You will be an outstanding relationship builder focused on long term relationships that deliver growth against targets. You will have confidence and humility to uphold the values of the Trust and deliver outstanding service to stakeholders and our members.
Additionally you will have the following:
- Excellent communication skills with credibility to engage with varied audiences
- Experience in supporting advocacy campaigns and preparation of submissions
- Commercial acumen and a track record of delivering financial objectives
- Sound knowledge of fundraising standards, principles and standards
- Customer focus and collaborative approach
- Professional and remain calm under pressure
- Ability to plan and drive strategic plans from ideas to reality
- Experience in developing donor relationships whilst exercising the highest levels of discretion, integrity and professionalism
- 5 years+ in fundraising, marketing, sales or public relations
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline related to business, arts, marketing or a related field
- Commitment to heritage/conservation
Were looking for that someone who has experience in philanthropy strategies that acquire, retain and extend relationships with donors enabling the Trust to deliver on its stewardship program. We offer a flexible work environment and value the highest levels of professionalism.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Closing date: 22 November 2019