Free On-site parking in CBD, Dynamic small team, Iconic NFP organisation.
- Location Sydney, NSW
- Job Type Full-time
- Category Business,
- Sectors : Arts, Culture, Heritage
- Reports to: Director Conservation
- Salary Package: $90k plus on-site parking in Sydney CBD
The National Trust is the largest community based, not-for-profit conservation organisation in Australia, operating for more than 70 years. Our vision is to bring the heritage of New South Wales to life for future generations. We achieve this by advocating, conserving and protecting our built, cultural and natural heritage and by educating and engaging the community through the sharing and interpretation of all Australian heritage stories in ways that awaken a sense of place and belonging.
The National Trust (NSW) is seeking an experienced Manager Conservation to be responsible for the day to day operations of conservation and advocacy on behalf of the Trust. This is an exciting new position created from the recently delivered 5-year Strategic Plan for the National Trust.
Proven technical competence and an ability to build strong relationships across the business are all essential qualities, as you will be working with a diverse group of stakeholders. You will need to be a team player and provide assistance to members of the Conservation team as required.
About the Role
Reporting directly to the Director Conservation, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting advocacy campaigns including but not limited to preparation of submissions, presentations and acting as media representative
- Assisting with the preparation of position statements and policies to support advocacy campaigns
- Assisting with managing the responsibilities and functions of the Conservation team
- Acting as the Trusts representative on a number of the Trusts Technical Committees, liaising with members of the public, local councils and other organisations
- Practical matters related to the operation of the Technical Committees
- Matters and recommendations arising from Technical Committees, Conservation Policies Taskforce and Board
- Assisting with the management of the National Trust Register including preparation, amendment and updates of listings
- Undertaking site visits as required
- Assisting with the preparation of State Heritage Register nominations for the NSW Heritage Office on behalf of the Trust
- Responding to Trust Register listing enquiries
You will be a highly organised team player, with the ability to multi-task and prioritise work items to maximise your time, whilst also delivering an outstanding service to stakeholders and our members.
Additionally you will have the following:
- Strong presentation and inter-personal skills and ability to communicate and interpret complex legislation and issues at local Government and Board level
- Experience in supporting advocacy campaigns and preparation of submissions
- Strong problem solving with attention to detail
- Excellent people management and change management skills
- Professional and remain calm under pressure
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role, ideally within the heritage sector
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline related to environmental heritage such as archaeology, architecture, history, urban planning or a related discipline
- Class C drivers license and a willingness to travel to the various regional properties
Were looking for someone who brings their passion for the conservation of our heritage to their engagement with community and government yet can ensure the day to day operations of the conservation team runs smoothly.
We offer a flexible work environment and a team focused on bringing our heritage to life.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.
Closing date: 29 November 2019
NB: Flexible Start Date: January 2020