Manage and coordinate volunteers supporting on iconic fundraising campaigns, Be a part of Australias most trusted cancer Not for Profit organisation, Full time, permanent position, St Kilda Road, Melbourne.
About your environment
Since our establishment in 1936, Cancer Council Victoria has developed an international reputation for our innovative work in cancer research, prevention and support. As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, we play a leading role in reducing the impact of all cancers on all people.
The Fundraising and Communications Division (FCD) is responsible for ensuring that Cancer Council maintains a visible, engaging presence in the community; and to inspire and activate support from the Victorian public. Within the Fundraising and Communications Division, The Community Engagement Unit is responsible for providing Victorians with inspiring, meaningful ways to contribute to a cancer free future. To achieve this, the unit is accountable for the strategy and implementation of key fundraising campaigns and events across the State. This dynamic Unit takes a continuous improvement approach to innovation and business development, ensuring supporters have a great experience supporting Cancer Council.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a Campaign Volunteer Coordinator to join the Fundraising and Communications Division. Reporting to the Campaigns and Events Manager your role is to:
- Be the lead advocate for volunteers in FCD, support the development and implementation of a volunteer strategy specific to fundraising that is part of the organisation-wide approach to volunteers
- Manage recruitment and stewardship of volunteers essential for delivering both large- and small-scale fundraising campaigns in metropolitan and regional areas across Victoria
- Act as a key contact for fundraising volunteers, ensuring volunteers are adhering to Cancer Council codes of conduct
- Monitor campaign targets and provide weekly reports to the Campaign and Events Manager for internal tracking and national reporting, pre and post event.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Diploma or degree qualification in events, marketing, sales, or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Two years demonstrated experience within an events/campaigns or project role.
- Experience recruiting and managing volunteers and/or large-scale event staff, including rostering and communications.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
To apply and for more info
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Peoples are encouraged to apply.
Culturally and linguistically diverse applicants are encouraged to apply.
Cancer Council will only make contact with applicants that are shortlisted for interview. We are also unable to respond to recruitment agency enquiries.
All offers of employment will be made subject to satisfactory completion of employment checks including evidence of right to work in Australia, a National Police Check and a Working with Children Check.
Applications close 20 November 2019