The Regional Growth NSW Development Corporation (RGDC) within Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) is looking for an experienced professional to take on the role of Media & Communications Manager for the newly formed RGDC.
- Contribute to the planning, development and delivery of media & Comms activities to support the Corporation.
- Full-time ongoing role based in regional NSW – or by negotiation
- Salary starting from $129k plus superannuation
About our team
The Department of Planning, Industry and Environment (DPIE) drives Government priorities across key areas such as long term planning, precincts, housing, property, infrastructure priorities, open space, the environment, our natural resources – land, water and mining – energy, and growing our industries.
RGDC’s mission is to attract investment, plan and develop world-leading precincts, and create regional places where people and work and thrive. It is a one-stop shop, supporting investors through streamlined approval processes, planning certainty, and infrastructure development.
RGDC is managing the first two Special Activation Precincts declared in NSW, one in Parkes and one in Wagga Wagga. These Precincts are in planning phases and delivery is expected to begin in 2020. A small number of additional Special Activation Precincts are expected to be declared in regional NSW in the coming months.
About the role
You will be working closely with the CEO and the Deputy CEO to to lead the media and communication functions of the Corporation.
As the Media and Communications Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing communication strategies for the Corporation and related projects.
- Actively managing media opportunities calendar to maximise coverage and awareness of the Corporation, including writing and pitching different storylines for a range of outlets
- Developing and delivering content across multiple channels for different stakeholders including social media, events, newsletters, presentations and conferences
- Working in partnership with regional communications and engagement teams internally and with partner organisations such as local government
- Building and maintaining effective working relationships with media, the Deputy Premier’s Office, the Regional NSW Group and other relevant NSW Government agencies and stakeholders.
You will be a high performing leader with significant experience in developing and implementing media and communication strategies.
We are looking for strong stakeholder engagement skills across a broad range of stakeholder groups.
The successful applicant will also hold appropriate tertiary qualifications within media, communications and engagement, or equivalent.
The ideal location for this role is regional NSW but can be negotiated for the right candidate. Regular travel to Sydney and Special Activation Precincts may be required.
To apply, please submit an updated CV and cover letter outlining your relevant experience and capabilities.
Applications close on Wednesday 20 November 2019, at 11:55pm
Our commitment to flexible working
The Department of Planning, Industry & Environment is committed to ensuring the sector reflects the NSW community it serves. We support an inclusive workplace where staff have access to opportunities and resources at all levels, enabling our team members to drive innovation, productivity and delivery of high-quality services. We are open to discussing flexible working arrangements and encourage our people to explore new ways of working - including part-time, job-share or working from different locations. Everyone can ask about it.
Our commitment to Diversity
The Planning, Industry and Environment Cluster strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We recognise that we operate in a diverse community and welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, culturally and linguistically diverse groups, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans, refugees and people with disability.