This full-time position is available for commencement in November 2019. Applications close Monday 25 November 2019, and will be reviewed upon submission.
International Conservation Services (ICS) is Australias largest private conservation practice. We conserve a wide range of cultural and heritage objects and artefacts including paintings, furniture, textiles, paper, sculpture, archaeological artefacts and wall finishes in buildings.
We are seeking a highly organised Conservation Technician to provide hands-on skills, conservation assistance and administration support. Based at our labs in Abbotsford, Melbourne, this role is suitable for someone with a passion for heritage or the arts, who has both practical and administration skills.
The Conservation Technician provides technical and administrative support for a wide range of conservation projects undertaken at ICS labs and on site. The role has primary responsibility for maintaining building and lab equipment, undertaking lab maintenance, providing hands-on conservation support, and managing administration and supplies. The Conservation Technician also supports ancillary functions such as photo-documentation, object preparation, research and transport.
This is a challenging role that requires excellent time management, and great admin and communication skills.
Day to day activities may include:
- Lab maintenance and safety
- Handling and movement of art, objects and materials
- Lab administration
- Conservation treatment support, eg. photo-documentation, packing objects, preparing treatment workspaces and site equipment, routine preparation of consumable materials, basic research and records maintenance
- Coordination of building, equipment and vehicle maintenance
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Able to use hand tools and artists materials with accuracy
- Able to use a variety of basic workshop tools and equipment, eg. lifting equipment, drill
- Great interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team
- Sound working knowledge of, and commitment to, Occupational Health and Safety practices in the workplace
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Initiative and willingness to learn
- Outcomes-focused, with a level-headed approach, helpful attitude and excellent work ethic
- Confidence using business technology including Microsoft Office and digital cameras
- Australian citizenship or residency
- NSW Drivers Licence
What we offer
In return for your hard work and professionalism, you will be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual professional development allowance
- Mobile phone
- Great working environment and people
- Flexible working arrangements
The salary will be commensurate with experience in the range of AUD$49,512 - $57,504 plus 9.5% superannuation.
Go to the International Conservation Services website to download the position description and selection criteria.
Submit your application using the online application form.
Your application must include a detailed resume, two referee contacts, and a covering letter outlining why you believe you are suited for this job. Please refer to the selection criteria on the final page of the position description.
Applications close Monday 25 November 2019