Join a hardworking team with a common goal to create security & opportunity, Help us turnaround & unify our Production Crew to give us the competitive edge, As a third-generation family business we value excellence, effort & loyalty..
- Join a hardworking team with a common goal to create security & opportunity for each other.
- Help us turnaround & unify our Production Crew to give us the competitive edge!
- Celebrating 60 years | As a market leader in the commercial fencing industry we value excellence, effort & loyalty.
- Great base on offer + Fully Maintained Company Vehicle | Location: Dandenong South.
Youre a proven and accomplished leader of people & teams looking for your next Production Management challenge and a place to call home for the long term!
- Take pride in being proactive, taking on new challenges and being one step ahead;
- Enjoy influencing others, freely offer advice and do not hesitate to provide guidance to others;
- Persist through challenges and roadblocks [no matter how difficult], giving up is not your thing;
- Are described by those you work with as responsible and trustworthy, you follow through on your commitments; and,
- Enjoy the dynamic nature of thinking through changes to the daily Production Schedule and juggling resources
then WE NEED TO BE SPEAKING TO YOU!
Welcome to Otter Fencing
The Otter Fencing name was first incorporated in 1959 and this year celebrates its 60th year in industry. An amazing achievement by a proud team that has built its reputation on the great tradition of vision, hard work and true entrepreneurial spirit. For 60 years now weve been delivering market leading fencing & gate solutions to places near and far across Australia. We manufacture, supply and install; Chain-link Fabric, Tubular Steel & Welded Mesh fencing and gates used for a tremendous range of applications, including; Security Fencing, Storage Cages, Tennis Courts, Sporting Grounds and the list goes on! With our sights set on the future and strategies and plans in place for growth, we understand that our competitive edge in the market is very much driven by the day to day performance of our team and in particular our Production Crew. Thus our focus here is to identify the best leader for this team and to support them in making the changes necessary to ensure weve got the best Production Crew in the Industry.
About this Position
Reporting through to the General Manager and sitting as a key member of the leadership team, the primary focus of this position is to unify, develop and lead our 18-person Production Crew [consisting of Welders, Fabricators, Drivers, Storepeople, Production Workers and Machine Operators].
As part of this, a key objective will be to improve the culture across the team, their day to day behaviours and their level of engagement in the business success. The ability to set boundaries and expectations early will be important, same too a willingness and commitment to holding the crew to account when they dont meet them.
This is a role for a present leader, someone who will be visible on the shop floor and will lead by example. A leader whom through the demonstration of positive leadership and consistency in approach will engage the team in change, continuous improvement as well as reinstate a customer centric mindset.
Beyond culture change there will also be the need to gradually upgrade our production systems, structures and processes with the underlying objective being to improve the Crews performance in terms of delivery in full on time, in quality and on budget.
Right fit for you
This position is ideally suited to an experienced Production Manager who has successfully run Production Crews in a Steel Manufacturing, Steel Fabrication and/or Steel Processing environment. Additional Selection Criteria includes;
- Positive communication skills with the ability to engage and influence people at all levels;
- Advanced problem solving skills identifying and fixing problems is a constant in this role;
- Well-developed organisation and planning skills accompanied by the ability to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities;
- Good computer skills youll be interested in technology and understand its place and importance in business, and;
- Sound numeracy and literacy skills.
Please copy the below link into your internet browser to complete our online application.
This will take you to our candidate hub. Here you will find a list of currently advertised roles. Please select 1395. Production Manager | Fabrication & Logistics and proceed through the online application form [it will take you just 3 5 minutes to complete].
Applications submitted using the above link will be given priority!