Senior Manager Metro Strategy and Definition Sydney Metro
- Permanent Full-time role - located in the heart of Sydney close to public transport
- Be part of a once-in-a-generation of infrastructure investment
Transport for NSW is delivering a once-in-a-century investment in new infrastructure and services, including Sydney Metro. The first line of this new fully automated railway opened this year and by 2024 will deliver 31 metro stations and more than 66km of metro rail. Planning is also underway for future lines which will shape the way Australias largest city travels, making Sydney Metro the biggest public transport project in the nations history.
We have an opportunity for the Senior Manager Metro Strategy and Definition to define high level scope and business requirements to inform the feasibility of emerging metro projects. The role must ensure product and customer outcomes are included within project scope and test strategic options that could be included within the scope of projects.
The role coordinates and documents Sydney Metro positions on product requirements for implementation during project development and scoping design phases.The role will act as representative for the project through project definition and pre-procurement phase.This role will prepare consultant project briefs and associated documentation and manage engagement of specialist contractors.
- In addition to holding a relevant tertiary qualification, you also have experience working at a senior level in a project development/early project phase on large or complex projects.
- We are looking for someone with proven ability to develop and apply sound criteria to support evidence based assessments that will inform inform decision making.
- You have strong communication skills with ability to synthesise and communicate complex information.
- You are autonomous and a collaborative team player who has ability to handle multiple complex tasks simultaneously, set and meet deadlines supported by excellent problem solving skills.
- Strong stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work in a complex matrix organisation, across multiple stakeholders and build effective working relationships.
- Most importantly, you are motivated by the opportunity to be an integral part of the success of Australias first fully automated metro network and make a real difference for communities through your outstanding communication and engagement capabilities.
TSSM Level: An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated with the successful candidate
Joining Sydney Metro, youll have access to a range of unique government benefits in a flexible working environment. If youre ready to step into this challenging, meaningful and rewarding role, we want to hear from you.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Great people come from all walks of life. At Transport for NSW, we are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and flexible workforce which reflects the community and the customers we serve.
We welcome and encourage applications from all people regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, cultural background, or sexual orientation.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and brief covering letter (no longer than two pages) which addresses your reason for interest in the role and how your skills and experience suit
Applications close: 11:59 pm 24^th November 2019