About the opportunity
This is a fantastic opportunity for a career minded, experienced furniture sales person with drive, initiative and proven records of closing sales as well as achieving and exceeding sales targets.
We are looking for a Design Orientated Individual who is able to showcase their understanding of design principles, qualification is not required however we will be giving preference to qualified & studying Interior Designers.
If you have had 2-5 years' experience working as an *Interior Designer or in the retail furniture industry, we would like to talk with you.
*Interior Design students will be considered, all candidates will be asked to showcase their design knowledge.
Weekend hours are expected as well as weekdays.
About the Business
Echo Grove is an emerging furniture and living retailer currently located in Brisbane, but soon expanding nationwide!
We specialise in providing our clients with high end, boutique designer pieces and exceptional service, all without the boutique price tag.
We are looking for an experienced part time Sales Assistant that excels in customer service. Someone who possesses the skills to build long term client relationships and continually grow with our business. We are particularly interested in candidates with strong problem solving skills, a willingness to learn and adapt, strong self and task management skills with high personal standards.
This role has potential for continual growth and career progression within the business for the successful candidate.
The position available is based in our Sumner showroom, located on Spine Street.
About the role
- Minimum three day availability, including at least one weekend day.
- Potential to develop position to full-time contract with proven in store results
- A progressive and dynamitic furniture retailer based in Sumner Park
- Excellent staff discount and commission structure
- Continuous development opportunities in an expanding business
- Self-driven work environment
- Uncapped commission
Job tasks and responsibilities
You will be required to perform general sales and showroom duties including, but not limited to:
- Conversing and continuously following up with clientele, providing high standards of customer service.
- General showroom duties including but not limited to, cleaning, ticketing, merchandising etc.
- Processing general sales documents and reporting such as EOD.
- General administrative tasks with competency working with back end systems.
- Ability to work autonomously and self-manage daily tasks and weekly tasks.
- Ability to meet and exceed KPI targets.
If you would like to become a member of a success driven team with one of the most talked about showrooms in Brisbane, then we would like to talk with you.
Benefits and perks
In return, we will provide:
- Minimum 20 hours per week, on a part time contract
- Flexibility to increase hours based on performance
- Opportunity to set new high levels of customer service
- Be supported by a team that is motivated by providing excellent customer service
- Opportunity to develop career progression and learn valuable industry skills
- A positive and friendly work environment
- Additional income flexibility with uncapped commission
Skills and experience
To be successful you will need:
- *A proven track record of two (2) years retail experience in the interior design / furniture industry
- The ability to listen to customer's needs to deliver high standards of customer service
- Have a flair for merchandising
- Show enthusiasm and initiative
- Experience with Microsoft Office, POS systems and EFTPOS facilities
- Computer literacy with effective problem solving skills
- Competency working with back end systems such as Neto.
- Flexible availability across weekdays and weekends. You will be expected to work at least 1 of 2 days over the weekend.
If you do not have *two (2) years retail experience in the furniture/interior design industry, but still feel you are the perfect applicant, you will be expected to show your initiative and prove you have the prerequisites to become an outstanding Sales Assistant and the next member of the Echo Grove family.